Why don’t US media report that Simon Sheppard and Steve Whittle from Britain ask for asylum in the US?

Simon Sheppard and Steve Whittle have jumped bail in Britain and flown to the US and asked for political asylum there. Sheppard and Whittle are being held by the INS (the American Immigration and Naturalization Service) at LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) after claiming political asylum on arrival. We... show more Simon Sheppard and Steve Whittle have jumped bail in Britain and flown to the US and asked for political asylum there.
Sheppard and Whittle are being held by the INS (the American Immigration and Naturalization Service) at LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) after claiming political asylum on arrival.
We understand that Sheppard and Whittle have decided to seek asylum in the US since it is known that the content of their Website does not contravene US law (First Amendment).
Update: @ bgee2001ca I have searched Google news for reports of this incident in the US written media but can find nothing. Where did you see or hear anything on the subject? Or were you merely speculating? @ mr7777a Interesting YouTube video “Fugitives from British Injustice !” at... show more @ bgee2001ca
I have searched Google news for reports of this incident in the US written media but can find nothing. Where did you see or hear anything on the subject? Or were you merely speculating?

@ mr7777a
Interesting YouTube video “Fugitives from British Injustice !” at http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LqAkhXOeiS...
Update 2: It has come to my notice that until their asylum case is to be heard the two men are being held in custody at the Santa Ana Jail. Please visit or write them at: Sheppard, Simon 0800006404 c/o Santa Ana Jail P.O. Box 22003 Santa Ana, CA 92701 Whittle, Steve 0800006408 c/o Santa Ana Jail P.O. Box... show more It has come to my notice that until their asylum case is to be heard the two men are being held in custody at the Santa Ana Jail.
Please visit or write them at:

Sheppard, Simon 0800006404
c/o Santa Ana Jail
P.O. Box 22003
Santa Ana, CA 92701

Whittle, Steve 0800006408
c/o Santa Ana Jail
P.O. Box 22003
Santa Ana, CA 92701
3 answers 3