caz
Lv 5

Asperger Syndrome?

hi there.

what are the simptons of Asperger Syndrome??

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

They are easily researchable on the internet.

Usually the most obvious is a difficulty to make friends, join in with social groups.

• 4 years ago

Asperger's Syndrome: A Guide for Parents and Professionals, A Parent's Guide to Asperger Syndrome and High-Functioning Autism: How to Meet the Challenges and Help Your Child Thrive, The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome,Can I Tell You About Asperger Syndrome?: A Guide for Friends and Family, Parenting a Child With Asperger Syndrome: 200 Tips and Strategies, The Asperger Parent: How to Raise a Child with Asperger Syndrome and Maintain Your Sense of Humor School Success for Kids With Asperger's Syndrome: A Practical Guide for Parents and Teachers,

• happy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Asperger syndrome is a pervasive development disorder which means you are born with it and will have it for the rest of your life. It is part of the autistic spectrum so no two people with Asperger syndrome are ever the same. They do however share the triad of impairments which are a lack of social imagination, a lack of social communication and difficulty with social interaction. Very often people with Asperger syndrome love routine as it gives them a feeling of security. They often have difficulty maintaining eye contact and sometimes if a particular subject or person interests them they can develop obsessions.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi my son has Aspergers. When he was younger he was obsessive about routine etc. He would latch onto a subject and give it his all. He also couldn't and still cant to a point write very well allthough he is a wizard on the keyboard. He likes salt that is another symptom. He reads constantly . He doesent like to be hugged. He is very gentle. Everything is black and white to him. A classic example of his condition was when a friend would be round and my son would go and get a biscuit and eat it when asked why he doesent offer one to his friend his reply was "He knows where they are if he wants one he can get one". Aspergers is a form of Autism on the "able side". My son is now 17 however and is at college his grades are exceptional and he is well liked by students and tutors. He also has an unusual but very funny sense of humour!

• David
      Lv 6
      4 years agoReport

That's just what you call being a boy, where on earth did this stupid dog ugly diagnosis for just being normal come from?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

* Not pick up on social cues and lack inborn social skills, such as being able to read others' body language, start or maintain a conversation, and take turns talking.

* Dislike any changes in routines.

* Appear to lack empathy.

* Be unable to recognize subtle differences in speech tone, pitch, and accent that alter the meaning of others’ speech. Thus, your child may not understand a joke or may take a sarcastic comment literally. Likewise, his or her speech may be flat and difficult to understand because it lacks tone, pitch, and accent.

* Have a formal style of speaking that is advanced for his or her age. For example, the child may use the term "beckon" instead of "call," or "return" instead of "come back."

* Avoid eye contact.

* Have unusual facial expressions or postures.

* Be preoccupied with only one or few interests, which he or she may be very knowledgeable about. Many children with Asperger's syndrome are overly interested in parts of a whole or in unusual activities, such as doing intricate jigsaw puzzles, designing houses, drawing highly detailed scenes, or astronomy.2

* Talk a lot, usually about a favorite subject. One-sided conversations are common. Internal thoughts are often verbalized.

* Have delayed motor development. Your child may be late in learning to use a fork or spoon, ride a bike, or catch a ball. He or she may have an awkward walk. Handwriting is often poor.

* Have heightened sensitivity and become overstimulated by loud noises, lights, or strong tastes or textures. For more information about these symptoms, see sensory integration dysfunction.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

All you need to do in life is be different now and people think you have the symptons of 'Asperger's'. People who believe it exist are extremely intolerant and extremely impatient individuals that cannot seem to see how differences exist in people.

• sheil
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Poor social skills, i.e. rarely looks at people, cannot interpret facial expression/body language.

Literal interpretation of language, i.e. if told 'pull your socks up' will think that is what they have to actually do.

Lack creativity, i.e. have difficulty engaging in imaginative play.

Often with Asperger's there can be a high intelligence.

• 1 decade ago

Asperger's syndrome lies on the 'autistic spectrum.' It is separated from mainstream autism by the sufferer's normal language and intellectual abilities.

Read here. http://www.snowdrop.cc/info2.cfm?info_id=62142

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Me .

i have Asperger syndrome.

the symtomes vary the main symptom is severe trouble with social situations but the best way to find out is yahoo health

if you got any other questions just email me.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.