promotion image of download ymail app
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 1 decade ago

Making your own t-shirts... What kind of transfer paper?

I have light colored shirts (Green, Blue, etc.) and I have designs to print out. They all have white backgrounds, so when I transfer them, I don't want the white to show up. What kind of transfer paper do I need to buy? Thanks in advance!


E.g., I DO NOT want my shirts turning out like this:

(Notice the white edge, I do not want that.)

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    What you'll want is transfer paper *for Light Fabrics*

    Here's one place that sells them online:

    (it's the 4th one down, I think --for "light colored textiles")


    Diane B.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

    I am in the business of printing on apparel, and I have never had good results using inkjet or laser transfer papers.... if you want to try, go for it! Yes, you need different paper for white and dark apparel. Yes, there is a difference between ink and laser, using the right paper will result in similar results (both maginal). There are several sources for bulk supplies, I buy from Coastal Supplies for ChromaBlast and SubliJet inks, and I know they stock paper up to 16x20.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    Go to Michael's/ or Joanns and ask for assistance.

    Hope this helped!

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    color t-shirt transfer paper

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.