I received an ACH deposit for 0.00 CREDIT SUPP SEC US TREAS 310 what does this means?

Favorite Answer

This more than likely is a prenotification. These transactions are sent out to accounts to make sure that the account is valid. For example, if the transaction was sent to an invalid account, it would be returned to the sender (US Treasury) and they would know not to send the actual funds to it and get updated account information from you. So, since this transaction posted successfully, they will be confident the account is valid and send actual dollar transactions to it.

According to the ACH rules, the sender has to wait for at least 6 business days after sending a prenotification entry before sending the actual dollar transactions.

Source(s): Accredited ACH Professional

Hey I'm here for the first time. I came across this question and I find the answers truly helpful. I am hoping to offer something back to the community and help others too.

Have never thought about it that way

call your bank