Does anyone have ex-gay statistics?

I mean actual statistics. The homosexuals always say "0" for personal reasons but I want to see a verified unbiased source. Also, it would be nice to see how they came up with their statistics. In other words I want a completely random process done in order for the arrival at the statistic. Thank you in advance!

• Favorite Answer

The American Psycholgical Association says "All major national mental health organizations have officially expressed concerns about therapies promoted to modify sexual orientation. To date, there has been no scientifically adequate research to show that therapy aimed at changing sexual orientation (sometimes called reparative or conversion therapy) is safe or effective."

Even before 1973, when the American Psychiatric Association eliminated homosexuality as a mental disorder (Bayer, 1981), repeated studies by top mental health researchers confirmed it was virtually impossible to change someone’s sexual orientation, even through behavioral therapy measures such as electric shock treatments and pain therapy (aversive conditioning), hypnosis, psychotropic medications, clinical/religious individual and group therapy, and others had been employed (Shidlo & Schroeder, 2002; Spitzer, 2003).

One of the most outspoken people claiming that they were "cured" was John Paulk, who became active with the anti-gay groups Focus on the Family and Exodus. He was "cured" to the point that, after marrying and having children, he went to the Washington D.C. gay bar Mr. P's where he purchased drinks for other bar patrons for over an hour and later claimed he did not know it was a gay bar and only entered to use the restroom.

I heard there are no statistics available because 10 out of 10 ex-gays usually become extremely depressed and end up committing suicide before the study can be completed.

Well, since the APA said it doesn't work, I'm pretty sure they have some formal studies with teh statistics in it. Try searching scholarly journals instead of yahoo if you want more than anecdotle evidence, might help ;)

Do you mean ex-gay as in people who used to be gay? Some people can think they're gay but not really be gay, for example during the puberty stage, some people can be temporarily attracted to the same sex. Does that mean they're an ex-gay if this happens?

you need to visit Exodus International, this organization helps people out of the lifestyle of homosexuality. My question for u is why do you want this information, what is your motive?