Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

What does the Quran say about laziness?

I have to admit I am not the most diligent person. Not to brag, but I am pretty smart, but I am hell of a lot lazy. And I end up procrastinating a lot. So I ask what does the Quran say about it? Also does any one have any tips on how to combat it? (Can I just blame it on the Shaitan? ^^;)

Favorite Answer

Salam for you my dear friend. Allah hates laziness.All humans should work hard.In the Qur'an 13:11 Allah spoke that Allah would not change the destiny of a tribe(anyone) if they do not try hard to change it themselves.In 76:2,3 Allah has shown the straight path/way to humans.(faith or taqwa way) In 90:10and 73:38 Allah spoke that wrong way is the fasik way and spoke also that everyone should accont for all of his/her doings.In 42:30 Allah spoke that all bad lucks are cause by human themselves,but Allah will forgive most of their mistakes In 13:11 Allah spoke that humans should make a planning for tomorrow better than today athough in 31:34 Allah spoke also that humans do not know what is the result of tomorrow

Laziness is caused by satan's temptation.You must prayer on time and always remind Allah that Allah supervise you in every second. You can not blame it to satansYou should make in you mind that Allah wants us work hard.and obey to Allah's rules.Please get up early and also early to bed so it will make you healthy,wealthy and wise.

No I prefer that you put the blame on yourself first before putting it on the shaitan , the shaitan is just helping you in the laziness if he is finding a tendency from you to have it but you're the first one to be blamed .

The laziness which is mentioned in the Quran is about the hypocrites and you're not one of them so I'm not going to quote it .

Since you're smart , smart people can easily know the reason behind any problem they have , analyze it and find the best solution to solve it .

- Arranging your time.

- Making a plan for all the things you want to do and trying your best to fulfill it ,

- Duaa is a helpful one also specially if you've the intention to change to the better, God will help you in that if you asked him and if you do your part .

I'll quote one verse I like in this matter

GOD does not change the condition of any people unless they themselves make the decision to change.13:11

إِنَّ الْمُنَافِقِينَ يُخَادِعُونَ اللَّهَ وَهُوَ خَادِعُهُمْ وَإِذَا قَامُوا إِلَى الصَّلَاةِ قَامُوا كُسَالَىٰ يُرَاءُونَ النَّاسَ وَلَا يَذْكُرُونَ اللَّهَ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا

(1) Verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allah, but it is He Who deceives them. And when they stand up for As-Salat (the prayer), they stand with laziness and to be seen of men, and they do not remember Allah but little.

( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #142)

[

It usually iz shaitan

Just blame it on Shaitaan.

....................

♣Cheezy Fiesta♥ : I was only joking!!!

Source(s): when in doubt, sahitan's your friend to blame about. ........................