njdevil asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

What is the one thing your team needs more than anything else before the NHL season starts?

Now that the 08-09 schedule is out (and Ryan and "you" have made up lol) can we officially begin the countdown to the 08-09 season?

My question is simple: with the rosters set as they are right now....what is the one move your team needs to make most before the season?

Best Answer

The Devils either need a 50+ goal scorer or a Veteran offensive Defensman. Either one will dictate the style of play the team works with this season.

Source(s): Bring the Cup to Newark 2009!!!

Im a leafs fan. Now that Sundin is gone the leafs will hvae some cap space. With the new requirement of LUKE SCHENN our defense is getting to bepretty good, i think we need to get mccabe of our roster bceause he is worthless and costs too much. We also should considering getting a good fast forward.

We need to get back into the mode that we were towards the end of the season-playoffs. Last season, we started off not so good, but found our rythmn and did great. We need to start like that.

Source(s): Pens fan
  • Now that we have dished Blake and Lubo on D and Cammi on O, we officially need a veteran player. I will take this vet on either end but preferably we would want him on D where we are youngest and least talented.

Source(s): LA Kings Fan
  • Hyphen

Well..... really nothing.

I would like to see the Wings add another defenseman, but they have an upcoming star in Ericsson so I'm not overly worried about that position.

I guess I just want them to make sure they keep Filps around.

ottawa definitely needs a more decent goaliem, even thou they now have auld and gerber, and got rid of emery

despite the comments, i dont think ottawa needs another defense, because althou they lost commodore and redden, they have lee, smith and bell

cory stillman was also a loss as a forward, but they got ruutu and kept vermette neil

so GO SENS GO

The Blues need a prayer. It has been sad times here in the Midwest.

• Jason

A #1 or even 2nd line left winger

Source(s): Flames
  • ?

Bruins need a goal scorer/ dump Glen Murray (sorry Glen) cause he is old.

New management.