promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
deb asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 decade ago

Anyone very well informed about gonnorrhea and chlamydia?

i keep finding mixed answers online. heres the story, i madeout with someone and a couple days later i developed a swollen gland in my left cheek and headache and swollen gland in my neck. its been about 2 weeks, almost three and all the symptoms are still there. i went to the doctor, its not strep or mono. what are the possibilities that i got chlamydia or gonorrhea that is the only other thing i could find that matched my symptoms.also i do not have insurance and i just blew alot of my money going to the doctor the 1st time i know lab work costs alot. i want a throat culture done i have called many std clinics and no one does the throat swab. even planned parenthood.. i found a few that swabs for gonnorrhea but i wont go unless i can find one that swabs for both i dont know why i cant find a place that swabs for chlamydia

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you probably cannot find anywhere that swab tests for those diseases because those tests are not always accurate or conclusive....you need a simple blood test, or vaginal culture. If you told the doctor you saw about your concerns...which I doubt, he would have done these tests for you at the time and saved you some expense....but because you were not honest with him...he didn't know to test for these things, and now you will have to see another doctor for the correct kind of testing.

Source(s): RN
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

If you simply made out with someone, you could not have contracted Gonnorhea or Chlamydia, as these bacteria do not thrive in saliva. It is possible to contract both diseases orally, but it would have to be when there is an exchange of semen or vaginal fluids (ie- oral sex). Chances are you caught a cold virus or something of the sort from this person you made out with. Healthcare providers rarely perform throat swabs for Chlamydia and Gonnorrhea so you will be hard pressed to find a place that will administer one, but you probably won't even need it.

As far as paying to receive healthcare: Do you by any chance live in California? If so, you can apply for Family PACT. It's a California state government funded program that provides free family planning services to people who make less then a certain amount of income a year or need to have health insurance confidential from their parents. You get all sorts of valuable services for little or no cost (pap smears, pelvic exams, birth control, etc.). If you live in another state, check and see if your state has a similar program. Family PACT has really been a wonderful resource to have.

Source(s): I am a Sexual Health Peer Health Educator and an HIV Lead at my college.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If all you did was make out with someone, chances are you have a virus, not gonorrhea or chlamydia. Its prossible, but you probably just have a virus (similar to a virus that causes a cold). Viruses can linger for weeks. Now, had you performed oral sex on this person, then the chances of it being G or C would go up. The reason health care professionals check for both is because G & C are like best buddies. If you have one you normally have the other.

• 4 years ago

I read somewhere that contracting Gono in the throat is like zero but with Chlamydia it is possible. You would need to get tested from the throat. It won't travel from the throat to the cervix/reproductive organs. Having STDs for years would surely give you symptoms. Althought at first transmission symptoms may not show up right away, so always get tested. Don't wait for symptoms to begin. Very serious consequences from untreated STDs. Gono and Chlamydia only need one or a few days to incubate. (I think that's the right word), lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

according to the CDC you can get hepatitis b from french kissing yet hepatitis b yet you have a 90% chance of clearing the virus. You can go to your local health department and get testing done either free or for a minimal price. Forget the swabs they arent 100 percent conclusive. you can be tested for chlamydia or gonorrhea for urine test or blood test. The good news is chlamydia can be easily cured with antibiotics.

check the planned parenthood website they explain std's very well.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.