Im scared for my dog?

she just turned one year old on june 18th, and she is a Shih Tzu. I've noticed over the past month or so that whenever i lightly run my fingers over her paws, even lightly, she tries to make me stop, by licking me then by biting. i thought maybe she was ticklish, so i put just a little bit more pressure on... show more she just turned one year old on june 18th, and she is a Shih Tzu.
I've noticed over the past month or so that whenever i lightly run my fingers over her paws, even lightly, she tries to make me stop, by licking me then by biting. i thought maybe she was ticklish, so i put just a little bit more pressure on her, and she got up and walked to the other side of the bed.
i just gave her a bath, and i was holding one of her paws in a towel, and i was putting pressure on it to get as much water out as i can, and she started whining. she does need her nails trimmed, but they arent very long. i looked inbetween her toes to see if anything was stuck in there, and nope. nothing.
she whined with every paw i did.
im going to talk to my mom tonight about going to the vet tomorrow, but im still scared. she is my baby!

so, do you know what this could be?
and she isnt overweight, neither. she is only 16 pounds.
Update: shes always been fine with me touching her paws, so its not that cuz i give her massages, light massages, and she loves it when i touch her paws, idk why she is doing this, and she pulls it away in pain u know?