promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

how to get rid of sunburn......................................?

and fast!!! lol

i just got it on my face and im not trying to make a big deal out of it. but i would like it to go away. what are some techniques in making it go away?

im asking this because i don't have time to go out and get aloe vera, i know it works well but that is out of the question.

future thanx :D

80 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no such thing as getting rid of sunburn...

time is what gets rid of the peeling skin/itchiness/etc.

just hope you didn't burned too bad and in the future protect yourself

i still have battlescars from some rather severe burns over my lifetime (one second or third degree)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Take a cool shower or bath to ease the immediate pain. This will work while your skin is cool, but as soon as you get out of the bath/shower and your skin warms up again, it will hurt.

Apply skin moisteners or special after-sun lotions containing aloe to the burnt area. These lotions will moisten the skin and promote more rapid healing. This is perhaps the most important step, and should be performed daily and after bathing.

Drink lots of water and eat a healthy diet. Your body is working hard to relieve your sunburn, which is why it feels warm to the touch. Make sure you are properly hydrated and fed to help your body do your job. Nothing special is required beyond 8 glasses of water a day and some nutritional meals. The main concern is that while on vacation or other places where sunburns occur, people are out in the sun and won't drink enough water, or will eat junk food all day and not eat anything nutritious for their body.

Step

Wear lose-fitting and light clothing, so that you do not irritate your skin further. This will ease the pain and keep your mind of your sunburn. Light cotton shirts and cloth pants are perfect.

• 1 decade ago

Sunburn pain relief:

Reach for a product that contains lidocaine – Lidocaine is an anesthetic that will dull the pain.

Cooled whole, plain yogurt applied topically can help soothe sunburned skin.Sunburn pain can also be eased through the use of over-the-counter analgesics such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen. Follow the usage instructions printed on the bottle.

Use a washcloth soaked in cool milk to gently dab the sunburned areas periodically.

Cold compresses and cool baths will help temporarily ease the pain – but it will likely return soon after the skin warms back up.

that really helped me

i got it off of www.howtogetridofstuff.com

or you could have googled it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hate to say it, but you really can't just make sunburn "go away" instantly. But things that calm the redness and stop the peeling is soaking in milk. But since it is on your face, just get a big bowl of milk, and stick your face in it and come back up when you need air. Since you don't want to go out and get aloe vera, go next door to a neighbor's house. Mostly everyone's house contains aloe vera. Borrow theirs? Or if you have an aloe plant, it works the same. But it just has a wierd smell. If you just want to cover up your face from the redness, put make up over it. I recommend CoverGirl. :D

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Soak a cloth or cotton gauze in cold whole milk and apply carefully onto the burned skin and leave it for 15 minutes to 20 minutes, then wash with cold water.

• Apply Aloe Vera gel to the affected areas - it is very effective home remedies for sunburn. Aloe Vera cream is also good herbal treatment for sunburn.

• Tea without sugar helps to sooth and relief some of the discomfort of sunburned skin. It is one of the best home remedies for sunburn.

• Drink more water when exposed to the sun, because your body loses water and essential salt in the sunlight. To prevent this, take more fluid to ensure your skin health.

• Lavender oil and yogurt also help in treating the sunburn. It is simple and easy home remedies for sunburn available all the time at your home.

• Lil D
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Well if you can't go out and get aloe then putting a cold wash cloth on your face will help bring the heat out of the sunburn, which in return will heal the sun burn. Other than that there is a spray with a numbing agent that keeps you from scratching it. Other than that is time for your body to heal it.

• 1 decade ago

I would definately recomend aloe vera. It helps just SO much. It cools it and eases the pain, and will help prevent peeling. And trust me, you don't want peeling. It's pretty bad. =/

But, if there's no possible way you can get Aloe Vera, then just stay out of the sun for a little while. Hope this helps, and hope your sunburn gets better! =)

• 1 decade ago

Try a daily moisturizer for your face that's oil free and unscented. Wash your face only 2 times a day and use the moisturizer while your face is still damp, always pat dry after you wash, try neutrogena after sun cream to keep it from peeling also, and don't scratch it when it peels. Don't put foundation or blush or bronzer on either, those make it more noticable. Use just a light powder like bare minerals. And next time, use an oil free sunblock at least 30spf for your face. Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

woww same problem happened to me except yours doesnt sound as bad as mine was. drink a lott of water and get rest. stay out of the sun, if you dont have aloe vera use a regular moisturizer. try and look for one that isnt scented tho because that may irritate your skin further. i used this stuff with vitamin E and it works really well. also washing your face with noxzema helps. and ive heard that theres a type of energy drink called so be lava lizard, it supposedly works really well because it has aloe vera in it! they say it works over night, i tried finding it but unfortunately i couldnt find it at any stores near me.

good luck and next time double up on the sunscreen!

Source(s): my sunburn was gone in 3 days =]
  • 1 decade ago

Keep applying moisturizer if you don't want to get aloe. But aloe is the best for it, and there is a stuff called Solarcaine that is aloe with a little pain reliever in it

• 1 decade ago

When I was a kid we always put strong tea on our sunburn. It took the soreness out. You have basically destroyed your outer layer of skin, so you need a moisture lotion or cream. I am fascinated with the peanut butter cure. I need to remember that for my next time. But if you are going to be in the sun over 20 minutes, use a sunscreen. They really work.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.