Why do not Christians believe in a prophet Muhammad, although they believe the Prophet's many other prophets

Why do not Christians believe in a prophet Muhammad, although they believe the Prophet's many other prophets of Christ. While Muslims believe in all prophets.

There chapters (surah) in the Koran called Maryam (PBUH) and the honour of Mary, unprecedented in the Bible, , Jesus

(PBUH) by name mentioned 25 times in the Koran while the Prophet Mohammed did mention only 5 times .

33 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Please disregard many of these hateful answers. The truth of the matter is, Christian revelation ends with the death of the last apostle. Mohammed was not born until 600 years after Jesus...obviously, all the original apostles were dead by then, and the Revelation was officially closed. Just as the Jewish religion does not accept the New Testament, Christians do not accept Mohammed because he came along to late after their religion had already been established. It would be wise for them, however,to read the Quran and use it to complement their faith in God the father, even if it doesn't have the imprimatur or nihil obstat.

Source(s): Peace and Love
  • 5 years ago

YEA -- You can worship two false gods at once--- I love The Christics budding up to Muslims --- So they can agree on the truth -- So Big of both to consider each other by saying ( Christic patsyours say if Islam is right then Christians are wrong and the reverse ) NEVER TO SEE YOU ARE BOTH WRONG _--- Their beliefs have always been ( 5000 years ago the victor was -- Is --- worshipping the true GOD )--- Loser wrong --- Majority right --- Even though now --- "The road is broad and wide -- Many enter "

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

In actuality Isa (alayhi salam) was the messiah but not the son of Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala). Isa (alayhi salam) was a prophet and if you read the Bible he clearly stated the coming of another prophet after him refered to as Ahmad translated as comforter which Muhammad was refered to as among other names. Uderstanding is a reward for the true seekers of knowledge not for those who only wish to corrupt it so actually study religion before you try to state your opinions.

• 1 decade ago

Because for some reason they believe that Jesus (PBUH) was not a Prophet but God incarnate, and any "truth" that contradicts this "truth" is considered blasphemy.

Muhammad (PBUH) had contact with Jews and Christians and the Archangel Jibril (PBUH) made him recite the Qu'ran which included "errors" within Judaism and Christianity, including Christians' belief that Jesus (PBUH) was the Son of God. So for political reasons, they don't accept the Qu'ran.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Christians and some other people don't believe

that Mohammed was actually a prophet for the following reasons.

1) Prophet Mohammed Massacred the Jewish tribe 'Banu Quraiza'. There is also a Hadith in refence to that incident.( Sunan Abu-Dawud Book 38, Number 4390. He killed all the men and enslaved the women and children. This is also mentioned in the Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 52,Number 176 and Number 280 to Number 288. The Sahih al Bukhari is considered to be the most authentic hadith. He also massacred the 'Banu Nazir' tribe.

2) A true prophet cannot marry a nine year old.What is more disappointing is the Holy Quran advises Prophet Mohammed to marry a nine year old. It is a form of perversion, some people think God cannot advise a 53 year old Prophet to marry a nine year old. Can you give examples of other Arabs from history who married 9 year old?

Sahih Bukhari the most authenic hadith confirms that Mohammed married Ayesha at the age of 9

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64

Narrated 'Aisha:

that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

3) Also the glorious prophet married his adopted son's (zaid) wife. Again Allah in the Quran advises Prophet Mo to marry his adopted son's wife Zainab.

The Holy Quran in Chapter 33 ( Sura Al Azhab) Verse # 37 says

"Zaid had accomplished his desire from her (i.e. divorced her), We gave her to you in marriage, so that (in future) there may be no difficulty to the believers .

• love1236 years agoReport

this is not true, for the Jewish why you didn't mention the reason of the massacre "because they were traitors". And do you think that his married is a reason not to believe in him or in Islam. 3rd one was to learn people that there are no adaption in Islam.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I was under the impression that Christians believe that Jesus was the last prophet and the son of god. since Muhammad came after Jesus they don't believe in him as a prophet.

• -
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

U know, i wonder that question all the time. We believe in their Bible and in Jesus as a Prophet, yet they fail to realize Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and the Noble Qur'an.

• noah5 years agoReport

Muslims say they believe bible but they do not know what is written in Bible. They are not allowed to read it. The day they read it they will come to know who God is? And also that Jesus is the Son of God.

• 4 years ago

I as a Catholic believe in David, Moses and Jesus. So I believe in Muhammad.

All of them sinned and so do we all. So yes I believe in Muhammad.

God forgives all if they ask him. I see there sprits and there voices. So this is after the bible is written. So all is closed you think.

• 1 decade ago

Muhammad arrived to late in history, and with a contradicting story of the Christian God. If Jesus wasn't the promised Messiah, as professed by Christians, then Christianity cancels itself. . .

If Christians would recognize Muhammad, then they would have to admit the truthfulness of his story, which would lead them to denying of Christ. . .

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dunno...they seem content to take credit for the Jewish ones though

Kosuke > Well so did Christianity..Charlemagne ordered a convert or die when he established his empire. Christians gave up their pacifism when they camr into western dominance.

Chrsit is the Answer > Jesus never claimed he was the messiah or divine. He said all glories to God not to him...it was the power hungry disciples and Emperor Constintine who created the divine Jesus personality. Jesus never claimed to be anything other than a son of God as we are all God's children.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.