promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should the Confederate flag be takesn off of Mississippi's state flag?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely. The flag of slavery and treason has no place in the modern world outside of museums.

Want to honor some aspect of Southern heritage?

ONE OUT OF EVERY FOUR SOUTHERNERS who fought in the Civil War wore BLUE uniforms. How about something honoring THEM?

Do the math. Almost 200,000 black soldiers joined the Union Army, most of them from the South. Over 120,000 white Southerners also fought for the Union. Since the rebels never numbered more than 900,000, that means that one out of every four Southern soldiers were in the UNION Army.

There were 35 Union Army regiments from Southern states, from every one except for South Carolina. Alabama alone had FIVE.

How about we honor the Southern heritage by throwing that bloody rag in the garbage, and having a holiday honoring, say, the 1st Alabama Cavalry (U.S. Volunteers)? Or the anti-slavery guerrillas who fought against the Confederates in the heart of Mississippi?

http://www.1stalabamacavalryusv.com/

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

As someone who's family came from Mississippi,and now lives in Alabama.The Confederate flag never hurt us ,its people who do the hurting,and we can take any flag and use it for the wrong reason,some of us just want to get on with our life's,we are tried of hearing about the flag.Trouble can only keep going if we do it.Lets worry about other things such as jobs,hunger,death,and war.We are what we make our self's.Slavery is a part of my past,and I thank GOD FOR IT'S END,but as I said the flag didn't do it people did,and as I recall it was made to show the Southern States during a time of war,as told by our great grand mother & grand preants.We can not go on in life with all this hate,just for a flag.Ask your self is hate worth a flag?

• Darren
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No! It's represents a time in history... we shouldn't erase everything anyone disagrees with. In 1861 brother fought against brother, at that time people fought for what they believed in... good bad or indifferent it shouldn't be forgotten.

• 1 decade ago

Only if the voters of the state say so.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, Mississippi should be expelled from the Union, and all its white citizens turned into dog food.

• Bill Z
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

thats for them to decide

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.