Were any LDS/Mormon missionaries sent to Arabic speaking countries in 1981?

I am trying to figure out if there were any missionaries who went on missions that would require them to speak Arabic, in 1981. I know the mission in Iran was unfortunatley curtailed in 1978 because of the war there, but I assume they would have learned Persian, anyway. I read that there were people on the Swiss... show more I am trying to figure out if there were any missionaries who went on missions that would require them to speak Arabic, in 1981. I know the mission in Iran was unfortunatley curtailed in 1978 because of the war there, but I assume they would have learned Persian, anyway. I read that there were people on the Swiss Mission in Lebanon, but they too were evacuated due to war in the late seventies. I read that there has been a branch of the Church in Egypt since 1975...does that branch receive aid from missionary service?

Maybe, too, people learned Arabic to serve in other African nations? I am unfamiliar with which nations speak Arabic, though I would imagine people throughout North Africa do here and there...but are there missions that taught in Arabic there?

I appreciate any guidance I can get!