Is a good feminist a bad mother?

Daughter of feminist icon Alice Walker (author of The Color Purple) thinks so. Here are some quotes from an interview with Rebecca Walker: “I think sometimes of that group and that feminism as being close to a cult. I feel I had to de-programme myself in order to have independent thought” “My mother is very... show more Daughter of feminist icon Alice Walker (author of The Color Purple) thinks so. Here are some quotes from an interview with Rebecca Walker:

“I think sometimes of that group and that feminism as being close to a cult. I feel I had to de-programme myself in order to have independent thought”
“My mother is very ideologically based, and her ideology is much more important in many ways than her personal relationships”
“My mother’s a crusader for daughters around the world, but couldn’t see that her own daughter was having a difficult time. When Rebecca became pregnant at 14, Walker wasn’t shocked: she calmly picked up the phone and arranged an abortion".
“...mother and daughter are estranged with little hope of reconciliation. ...Their last meaningful exchange...ended in Walker sending a terse e-mail in which she resigned from “the job” of being her mother...”
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/article3866798.ece

Is a good feminist a bad mother?