The one Manson girl who I kinda feel sorry for is Leslie Van Houten. She was the youngest of the family, 19?

years old, and it appears that she stabbed Mrs. LaBianca 16 times in the lower torso, but these were all post-mortem wounds. She came from a good family and was suppossed to have been the weakest link of the family and one of the newest members. I feel that Van Houten should be parolled one of these years, what do you think? She was obviously young and brain-washed. A lot of people only get 20-30 years for murder nowadays. She has been in prison for like 38 years and is 58 now. Will she ever be parolled?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Van_Houten

Favorite Answer

I have thought the very exact same thing before, in fact, just looked up the Manson girls the other day. Yes, their crime was awful, Van-Houten did have the least to do with it, I think she should have been out a long time ago, she was brainwashed,but, the victims of the families are not going to be so forgiving. They saw these girls laugh openly about the murders, right in court in their faces. Susan Atkins recently became ill with cancer, they still refused her parole. All of them are sorry for what they did now, but, at the time was, and is still considered a horrendous crime. Linda Kasabian was lucky to get out of what she did, even though she was only sitting in the car while the murders where committed. I don't think they will show Leslie any mercy, ever, although, I do disagree with it. High profile case....etc.

I just can't bring myself to feel sorry for any of them. Even though the stab wounds were post-mortem it is still evil. If I saw a dead body like that I would be throwing up not stabbing it. No matter how much coaxing was done to get those kids to kill people they still knew right from wrong and had the power to walk away and not do it. I don't see any of the Manson clan ever getting out. What they did was morbid to say the least. They deserve no less than to die behind bars. Murder may get 20-30 yrs but what they did was preconceived mass murder. The sentence of death fit but life will have to suffice.

Unlikely. Susan Atkins has brain cancer, had a leg amputation, is paralyzed on her other side and has about 3 months to live. Her application for parole was just turned down. I would imagine the rest of the family have no hope of release - ever.

they are not supposed to be set free ever they killed a pregnant women who was two weeks of delver date and who pigged them for her child life and killed other innocent people in such a violence wild way it was mentioned that Tate was stepped 16 times , I don’t understand how people make such terrible crimes and then claim brain wash and insanity how doest come that their brine comes back to them after killing it is ridiculous ,, actually if they were in any other country the will be sent to death long time ago and they would deserve it

Yes, she was young when the crime was committed. Now, she should rot in jail.