According to this set of materials of listening and reading part, one school of thoughts attribute advantages of team work; however, the other group support the view that there are many disadvantages when many people gather united to work in the lecture, and these will be elaborated in the following paragraphs.
To begin with, some report mentioned that everyone is specialized in different skill; hence, team work will gather people's knowledge and contribute more resources to come up with a new project swiftly. Besides, the solution to the problem might become more creative, and the group dares to plan riskier project, because the member of this group have to share the responsibilities.
On the other hand, when it takes in practice, there will be some flews. There must be at least a free rider who did nothing or much less than others in a group, and the slothful guy will get the same reward which give to those did very much. Otherwise, it's too difficult to let everyone consent the some solution; hence, it will prolong the project and argument the cost. The most inefficient influence is that the one who have control power beyond others will make the decisive conclusion; even the other members in group disagree with him.
To sum up, it seems like an unsolvable problem to make a decision to complete a work by group or not. There're merits and demerits in both sides; therefore, negotiations and compromises are in need on decision.
- SamadhiLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
* Try to use shorter sentences. Hope it helps. Gook luck !
- According to the material from the listening and the reading sections, there are two schools of thoughts. One school attributes to the advantages of team work, while the other sees many disadvantages when many people work on a lecture (project?) together. Both views will be elaborated in the follow paragraphs.
- To begin with, some reports mentioned that everyone is specialized in some set of skills. Hence, teamwork gathers more knowledge and skills, and there are more resources to come up with a new project in a shorter time. Besides, the solutions to problems may be more creative. The group is more likely to take on more risks for the project, because the group members share the responsibilities.
- On the other hand, in practice, there are some flaws. There is likely at least a free rider who did nothing or much less than the others in the group. So the lazy ones get the same credit as those who did a lot. Also, it’s very difficult to get consensus on a solution, which prolongs the project and increases the cost. The worst advantage is that the one with controlling nature tends to make the decision, even when the other members disagree with him.
- In summary, it is arguable whether a group makes better decision than an individual. There are advantages and disadvantages for both. Therefore, I think negotiations and compromises are needed in a decision-making process.Source(s): myself