Playstation 3 Vs. XBOX 360?

Playstation 3 Vs. XBOX 360

Playstation-

1-I love the PS3

XBOX-

1-I'm not really into it.

I'm not really into the XBOX 360 but after the E3 news and announcements and stuff I don't what to get..

I loved the PS3. XBOX 360 is coming out with sweet games and new stuff.

I also love Resistance & 2(Coming out) and MGS4!!

I don't know what to get... Please answer!!!

Best Answer

ps3 has a built-in blu-ray player (360 does not

-ps3 supports 1.3 HDMI which has rich colors and xbox supports 1.2 HDMI

- ps3 has much more and better exclusives, most of them cant go to xbox 360 because it cant handle that many data(DVD- 8.5gb, blu-ray 50gb)

- because of the blu-ray's huge space, ps3 will have WAY better graphics than 360

- online is free for ps3 not like 360

- ps3 will have over 300 games released by this spring

- you can browse the internet on ps3, no such thing for xbox 360

- playstation home is coming out this spring, its a virtual community where you can hang out with friends and customize your own apartment which xbox doesnt have(FREE)

- ps3 is a true HD console. xbox 360 upscale games to 1080p and ps3 DISPLAY games up to 1080p

- built in Wi-Fi ( not on 360)

- xbox 360: 33% hardware failure

ps3: .2% hardware failure(see the decimal? less than 1%!)

- ps3 has better back-comp except the 40gb

- xbox 360 already has been maxed out to its potential with gears of war. ps3 has not been maxed out yet- look at uncharted drakes fortune, better graphics than gears and its only 30% of ps3’s potential

- you can upgrade your harddrive without voiding warranties with any 2.5 HDD, which xbox cant because you have to buy a xbox HDD

(they actually have the step by step on how to upgrade it on playstation.com)

those are the ones that i know right off my mind but there are much more reason than this

Now I want you to do me a favor, list all the reasons why xbox is better than ps3. I PROMISE you that nobody will get at least 5 reasons

if you get ps3, look at this, you will be able to play metal gear solid 4, haze, killzone 2, resistance 2(60 player online!!!!), final fantasy XIII, motorstorm 2, little big planet, better version of GTA IV, god of war 3, uncharted drake's fortune, heavenly sword, ratchet and clank, SOCOM: confrontation, gran turismo 5, ETC- http://news.filefront.com/ps3-exclusives...

All 360 has is Gears of War 2 and ... The world may never know.

Prices as of today:

ps3- 80gb: $499 with MGS4 and a Dualshock 3

40gb: $399 with spiderman 3 blu-ray

xbox 360(premium)- $349

(elite)- $449

if you want the accessories that ps3 comes with, that would add up to over 700 dollars, so that means ps3 is cheaper

xbox 360 pricing to match ps3's features:

$349/$449- console

$50- XBL subscription(only for 1 YEAR) pay $50 every year

$100- wi-fi adaptor

$200- HD-DVD drive add-on

$20- rechargeable battery kit

all comes out to $720/$820- add $50 each year you subscribe for XBL

ps3 features:

$399/$499- console

spiderman 3 blu-ray movie/motorstorm

online- free

rechargeable battery- built in the controller

wi-fi built in

blu-ray player(better than HD-DVD) built in

all comes out to $399/$499, oh my,look at that, its the same price as before

PS3 will win the console war, no doubt. Xbox 360 and Wii are so weak from technological point of view, that in couple of years they won't be capable of dealing with serious graphics. GTA IV, for instance, Was not even announced for Wii - this toy won't be able to cope with the game's requirements.

Let's compare PS3 and XBOX 360:

1). A third of XBOX 360 (33%) are malfunctioning right from the start. PS3 return rate is only around 0.2%. Despite some people say, that new 360 has no breakdown issues - just visit Xbox section of Yahoo answers and see for yourself an amount of complaints.

2). PS3 has 7 kernels in Cell processor, Xbox 360 -only 3.

3). PS3 uses advanced tech called Blu-Ray, one disc can store up to 25 (single layer) and dual layer 54 gb (in the future - up to 200 gb), Xbox 360 - regular dual layer DVD-9 (8.5GB). It's possible to get HD-DVD (max. - 30GB) for 360, but it'll cost you around 50$. Besides, HD-DVD had lost the format war with Blu-ray. Toshiba had stopped to manufacture them, Microsoft too.

4). Calculations per sec - PS3 - 51-billion-dot-product-operati... per second

Xbox 360 - 33.6-billion-dot-product-opera... per second

5). PS3 has full media support - USBs, built-in 4 slots card reader (except 20GB and 40GB versions), ability to use printer and so on.

Xbox 360 has USBs and only 2 memory slots.

6). PS3 supports up to 7 Bluetooth Controllers

Xbox 360 - up to 4 Controllers

7). PS3 - wi-fi included (except 20 gb version)

Xbox 360 - wi-fi will cost you around 100 $

8). From the first technical sight - graphics are stronger in 360 (it has a stronger graphics chip - Xenos), BUT PS3 can use it's Cell CPU for graphics too, which gives you better graphics in total. PS3 uses a weaker RSX chip, that was developed by Nvidia exclusively for PS3. RSX runs on 550 Mhz. It's difficult to compare their graphics, because 360 has a video chip with totally different structure and operating memory is divided differently in both consoles. Xbox isn't that versatile in dividing tasks between CPU and GPU as PS3. That's why PS3 exclusives look better than 360's exclusives.

9). Xbox 360 is widely known for so-called "red ring of death" problem - it gets overheated easily. My PS3 was running for more than 15 hours non-stop with no problems. Sometimes Xbox 360 becomes so overheated, that thermopaste on CPU melts, drips on motherboard and successfully shortcircuits it. That's why in some countries people call Xbox 360 "Coffin 360".

10). In 2008 PS3 will get more than 300 games, including Metal Gear Solid 4, The Agent and other great exclusives. Here is the good link to the future PS3 releases. http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html......

11). PS3 online is free, Xbox 360 - you have to pay.

12). There were reports, that 360 scratches discs. No reports on that in PS3.

13). The funniest thing, that right now there are no games for PS3, that show full potential of the console. Biggest games weigh only 25 GB (Xbox 360 will need more than 3 discs even for those).

14). On PS3 you can install other OS, such as Linux Yellow Dog, Ubuntu and others. Sony officially lets you do it. There is no such thing in 360.

15). PS3 HDD can be replaced easily with any 2.5" SATA 5400 RPM HDD (used in laptops). 250 GB will cost you around 170$. In 360 you have to buy exclusive HDD, where 20GB will cost you 100$.

16).Sony expects PS3 to stay on the market for, at least, 7-10 years. Also Sony reduces price now. There is a cheaper 40GB version of PS3.

17).Sony constantly upgrades PS3 software (free updates for OS) - you get new functions and improvements.

18). PS3 controller (sixaxis) has a motion control - you move controller - game responds. Wii has it, Xbox 360 - doesn't. PS3 is getting rumble controller (Dualshock 3) on 15.04.2008, Japan already has it. On www.ebay.com I saw those controllers on sale 50$ and up (unofficial import).

19).On PS3 you can help sick people by running Folding Home project. Wii and Xbox 360 didn't even think about it.

20).New 40GB is 399$ or 399 euro (depends on the region) - it has no backwards compatibility with PS2 games, has 2 USBs instead of 4, no built-in card reader, but it's the same PS3, strong, reliable, less noisy, different cooling system. The price is friendly.

21). But, to be just, I'm not a PS3 fanboy, so (despite I own one) hear this - PS3 games (exclusives) are very hard to develop due to complicated Cell's architecture. We have to wait till developers will figure out how to develop games properly. Sometimes multiplatform games run not so good on PS3 due to the same developing issues - it's hard for developers to get a grip on such advanced technologies

• Jane

I would choose Xbox360, it has better online gaming (if your that kind of gamer). Much more stylish if you buy the newer Xbox360 (it's black), it has a heat touch sensing power button,much easier to operate. More people are online on Xbox Live than PSN. If you hear that PS3 had better graphics than Xbox360, its not true because the new Xbox360 has a Blue Ray DVD player just like the PS3. The new Xbox360 was created in 2011, the PS3 was invented in 2007. The Xbox360 is less laggy, it is awesome with first person shooters like: Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty games, is also awesome with RPG games (Role, Playing, Games) like Grand theft Auto, Elder scrolls v: Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption. Pluse the KInect is better than the Wii and PS4: Move because your body is the controller! So over all the Xbox 360. Hope this was useful advice!

Ps3 , human looking avatars in the Home environment, and your avatar can go visit another avatars apartment and you can both watch a movie that is stored or in the other guys ps3 . So you can be millions of miles away and be chatting with up to eight apartment party guests while watching the same video or movie together.

Your avatar can also join other avatar friends and goto a Home pool hall and play pool together, or bowl or, goto a movie theater,

.

Xbox 360 has cartoonee X-Miis for their avatar system, and they can only parade in other peoples consoles much like the Wii.

Ps3- has a 256 person , squad based fps online game, including paratroopers vehicle squads etc......

Xbox has final fantasy, but it was originally built on the ps3 engine and will have to be ported down to the 360 which means frame rate issues on the 360 version and it will be released later then the ps3 version.

XBox has netflix, but the ps3 has it's own video rental service, came online today. So if you rent a movie you can copy it over to your psp and watch it there as well.

If you buy the movie you can copy it over to 3 psps. to watch on the road. and or store it on an external harddrive to watch again and again. PS3 takes any brand internal or external hard drive upgrade.

Xbox 360. if you buy a movie you have to have it on your 20 gig or 120 gig harddrive (microsoft brand, well if you need harddrive space you cannot upgrade your Micro soft harddrive any farther than 120 gig at over $17 per gig because you have to buy microsoft brand.

Ps3 you can take any brand internal harddrive that is 2.5 sata and put it in your ps3. Right now I can get a 200 gig internal harddrive for less then $100 yet microsofts 120 gig cost over $180.

THere is nothing really new about 360 movie online downloads from netflix we've been doing Netflicks online movies via the pc for over a year, and we just hook the pc to the HD tv and get hd movies without having to pay microsoft for online fees on top of the netflicks rental fees.

Ps3 movie rentals and dowloads , you only pay for the rental , PSN network is free to use even for online gaming.

PS3 you can and always have been able to surf anywhere on the net and download free movies right to the ps3 or an external harddrive hooked up via the ps3 webbrowser and any website you please.

360 has no web browser, everything is done through the xboxlive.

So yes they both offer a variety but gears 2 will be on the Vista PC because microsoft is having a hard time getting people and companies to stay with vista. Dell had to downgrade corporate pcs for free back to windows xp so gears 2 and halo 3 will quickly move to vista PCs To get people to switch over.

How about the connecting of the psp to the ps3, I can be in California and I can have my psp turn on my ps3 back in New york, and I can stream all the movies and music stored on the ps3 or connected sources to the psp. I can login into my psn online account and chat with ps3 game buddies with teh psp as well. O use the psp to connect to the ps3 while I am at school so I can show friends the cool video downloads I got the night before. I haven't had to swap out memory cards in the psp since I got the ps3, it's great.

Then I can have the psp turn off the ps3 with the new off XMB. So my ps3 would be happy chilling out till I login again.

Well the 360 might over heat when you're watching a cut scene from gears of war and that would really piss you off.

Get the ps3 it has a low failure rate,you can watch videos on you tube,surf the web,access some of you're accounts and have up to 100 friends and PlayStation home is coming soon.

And the ps3 won't over heat when you are playing as Nathan Hale on Resistance 2.

look at this XBOX-

1-I'm not really into it.

Playstation-

1-I love the PS3

Your on the right path get the ps3 Resistance 2 MGS4 Killzone 2 God of war 3

Get a PS3 because even though XBOX 360 has more games now PS3 will have more games by the end of this year. Another reason why you should buy PS3 is because it has an internet rowser while XBOX doesnt.

Source(s): The Owner of a PS3, PSP,PS2, XBOX 360 and the brother of an owner of a Wii and DS.

ok my husband and i have both and here's the breakdown:

PS3:

-free web browser

-blu ray built in (and it is AMAZING! even without an HDTV)

-high def graphics

-great titles available

-can occasionally freeze

-easier/more convenient menu

-plays dvds

-sleek design

XBOX360:

-browser costs $$

-has a tendency to get reeeeally hot when in use

-alot of people i know have had problems with them just dying

-good titles available

-plays dvds

-can't be plugged into a power strip(surge protector) or it'll short out the cord and no other cords are available

-kind of bulky

i love the PS3. all the people i know are trading in their XBOX's for PS3 because they've had problems with the 360. plus alot of big name games are now being released on both consoles.

EDIT: MGS4 is badassss. you NEED to play it

I might getting a ps3 myself sense my xbox got Rod,i might sned it to Microsoft to get it fix.The ps3 looks pretty good.Good luck

first off i want to let you know that i am a PS360 owner meaning that i own both systems, so i have experienced both systems and you are better off getting a ps3 because...

- ps3 has a built-in blu-ray player

- online is free for ps3 not like 360

- the graphics for multi platform games are starting to look better on ps3

- developers stated that they will start using ps3 as the lead platform and port ps3 games to xbox

- playstation home is coming out this fall, its a virtual community where you can hang out with friends and customize your own apartment which xbox doesnt have(FREE)

- built in Wi-Fi

- xbox 360: 33% hardware failure

- ps3 plays almost all ps1/ps2 games except the 40gb, xbox 360 can only play certain titles mostly the “greatest hits”

- dualshock 3 is now available

if you get ps3, look at this, you will be able to play metal gear solid 4, haze, killzone 2, resistance 2(60 player online!!!!), final fantasy XIII, motorstorm 2, little big planet, better version of GTA IV, god of war 3, uncharted drake's fortune, uncharted 2, heavenly sword, ratchet and clank, SOCOM: confrontation, gran turismo 5, ETC- http://news.filefront.com/ps3-exclusives...

Prices as of today:

ps3- 80gb: $499 with metal gear solid 4

40gb: $399 with spiderman 3 blu-ray

xbox 360(premium)- $349

(elite)- $449

$349/$449- console

$100- wi-fi adaptor

$200- HD-DVD drive add-on

$20- rechargeable battery kit

ps3 features:

$399/$499- console

spiderman 3 blu-ray movie/MGS4

online- free

wi-fi built in

Source(s): edit: i just saw that someone copied my answer above... i typed this up couple months ago and used the same answer to every ps3/360 questions... just letting you know, please do not give him credit instead of me because i typed up this answer... look at my previous answers and you will see that im telling the truth

ps3

ps3