Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Ronald Weinland claims God is returning in 2011, is he obviously a phony?

There's this man named Ronald Weinland, he wrote two books concerning the apocalypse. The first book is called The Prophesied End Time, and the second book is titled 2008 God's Final Witness. I've read the first book, but not the second, and he sounds like a straight up phony only concerned with receiving praise, but not money as both of his books are free. He purposely made his books free to not to appear as an unctous phony. In his second book he claims that six of the seven seals to the Book of Revelation has already been opened, and that it's only a matter of time before the seventh seal is opened. I render this as bullshit, because the Anti-Christ would've already made a universal appearance to the world if this were the case. He also claims that in the latter half of this year, the U.S.A will no longer exist as an independent nation, meaning that we're going to be dependent on other nations to support us, which may not come so easily, I also render this as bullshit. Does anybody agree he's phony?

Favorite Answer

A load of hogwash!! DO NOT BE DECIEVED!! As it is written:

Mark 13

3As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James, John and Andrew asked him privately, 4"Tell us, when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are all about to be fulfilled?"

5Jesus said to them: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 6Many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and will deceive many. 7When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 8Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.

9"You must be on your guard. You will be handed over to the local councils and flogged in the synagogues. On account of me you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them. 10And the gospel must first be preached to all nations. 11Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.

12"Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child. Children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 13All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

14"When you see 'the abomination that causes desolation'[a]standing where it[b] does not belong—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 15Let no one on the roof of his house go down or enter the house to take anything out. 16Let no one in the field go back to get his cloak. 17How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 18Pray that this will not take place in winter, 19because those will be days of distress unequaled from the beginning, when God created the world, until now—and never to be equaled again. 20If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive. But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them. 21At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ[c]!' or, 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it. 22For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect—if that were possible. 23So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.

24"But in those days, following that distress,

" 'the sun will be darkened,

and the moon will not give its light;

25the stars will fall from the sky,

and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'[d]

26"At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.

28"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 29Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that it is near, right at the door. 30I tell you the truth, this generation[e] will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 31Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

The Day and Hour Unknown

32"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33Be on guard! Be alert[f]! You do not know when that time will come. 34It's like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with his assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.

35"Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. 36If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. 37What I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!' "

Like it says in this verse and read it well!!

Mark 13

32"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33Be on guard! Be alert[f]! You do not know when that time will come.

So stop guessing, you are not God nor do you no when the end shall come. But be on alert and have Jesus in your heart!!! Got it??!! GOOD?!!

• Raz

This question may do better in a different section.

Anyways, I agree with you. People have been predicting God's return for a LONG time and this guy has no more credit than any of them. He probably just wants attention. But then, I'm an atheist, so I could be missing something.

Maybe. I wouldn't know because i haven't read his book. And what you tell us is biased. But just from what you tell me, it seems like theses are predictions that anyone can make, considering the US economy and such; so yeah he could be a phony...

i havent read the books, so i cant really say if he's a phony or not, but if he claims to know when the christ is returning, then he probably is. no one can know when christ is coming, the bible itself says that the day and hour are unknown.

No one knows when God comes. There are hints though like 'brother will rise against brother, great famines, and people will think that the Christ look a like (the anti-christ) is Christ.

http://everything2.com/e2node/900%2520foot%2520Jes...

read this. it will help you. its about another "messenger of god" in 1986