Why do some death metal fans not like Cannibal Corpse?

I've seen lots of DM fans saying they don't like CC for whatever reason. I'm a big DM fan and CC is one of my favorite bands.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think cannibal corpse just isn't heavy enough anymore. I mean you can find so many other bands that are more gruesome in a more refined way. Not just straight gore. I saw them a while back and they are pretty brutal live.

• Evican
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I love Cannibal Corpse and have seen them live, which was awesome. I think that maybe some fans don't care too much for the over the top and ridiculously hilarious gore lyrics. Others might prefer something not so brutal like Melodic, Technical or Symphonic Death instead.

• 4 years ago

Hell Yeah!Bands Like Morbid Angel And dying have been working There Asses Off And Cannibal Corpse have been given all of the appreciate! (Dont Get Me incorrect MA And dying have been given Alot Of Glory) yet Cannibal Corpse Stood in the Spot easy! And There not Even That stable!

• 1 decade ago

I prefer Death Metal that is what I listen to the most. I grew up listening to Cannibal Corpse, been a fan since the begining.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not an expert but maybe they think Cannibal Corpse's lyrics are a bit 'cheesy.' I listen to them on and off but I'm not a real big death metal fan, but I do like Deicide and Death.

• Erin
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

To Risteard: Dethklok's lyrics are probably the cheesiest, but a ton of people still like them. Heck, Dethklok is one of my favorite bands.

But I don't know why some don't like CC. How could you not be a fan of a band whose singer's nickname is Corpse Grinder?

• 1 decade ago

I love Cannibal Corpse, but maby some death fans like more melodic death, or more technical death, not the raw, heavy, gory metal

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Their lyrics are just straight gore and really have nothing else to them. Thats why I prefer bands like Death and Nile over CC.

• 1 decade ago

I don't like Cannibal Corpse much... but I prefer melodic death metal.

Besides, just because you like a certain genre doesn't mean you have to like all the bands that play it.

• 1 decade ago

Cannibal Corpse has the the most gory album covers ever.

I think they're Great!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.