Can someone recommend me good books?

I'm having trouble finding more good books to read...although I do love browsing at the bookstore. Here are some books I adore: Lolita Laughter in the Dark Wuthering Heights The Unbearable Lightness of Being Seven Types of Ambiguity based on my reading taste, could you tell me some of your favorites... show more I'm having trouble finding more good books to read...although I do love browsing at the bookstore. Here are some books I adore:

Lolita
Laughter in the Dark
Wuthering Heights
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Seven Types of Ambiguity

based on my reading taste, could you tell me some of your favorites that I might be interested in? I love narrative prose and thought-provoking texts. I've read a few books by Nabakov (author of Lolita) and enjoy his writing style immensely.

Please, no Twilight or any of that teenage crap. I hate it. Thanks.
Update: for all of you Twilight fans who got mad at me for "dissing" it...I really don't care. This question is regarding MY taste in literature, not yours. So go cry in your emo corner somewhere, and find something useful to do with your time. Twilight is so dispensable you can't even compare it to... show more for all of you Twilight fans who got mad at me for "dissing" it...I really don't care. This question is regarding MY taste in literature, not yours. So go cry in your emo corner somewhere, and find something useful to do with your time. Twilight is so dispensable you can't even compare it to Wuthering Heights, Lolita...or any other masterpieces of literature. In fact, it's not even literature. It's kitsch. Sorry.
Update 2: also, I realize that Jane Austen is a great writer...but I could just never get into her books. Call it a matter of personal taste; I just can't. Thanks though.
Update 3: thanks Katie, I actually have read many of Picoult's books, including the two you mentioned. She is a great novelist and I definitely agree with your high estimation of her. :)