Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

how to enhance my IQ?

i want my IQ to be almost 210 and i need help on how to enhance it. My IQ is 140 is that good

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Aria T
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"Enhancing" your IQ can really only change it by five points or so. It really isn't a measure of how much you know, but how quickly you catch on. 210 is basically an impossibility for a human being, and I really doubt you got a 140 on the Stanford-Binet intelligence measure given to you by a licensed professional. I could be wrong... but I'm guessing you probably just took an online IQ test. Those are highly inaccurate.

If you just want to be smarter or seem smarter to other people, the best thing you can do is read a LOT. Reading increases your vocabulary, makes your spelling and grammar improve, and teaches you valuable information that you can apply to life. Don't bother trying to raise your IQ. It's kind of a fruitless endevor.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

140 is exceptional...I believe it is either near genius or genius level.

IF you can prove that...through a high enough score on a recognized intelligence test, you would qualify for MENSA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensa_International

http://www.mensa.org/index0.php?page=10

The term "IQ score" is widely used but poorly defined. There are a large number of tests with different scales. The result on one test of 132 can be the same as a score 148 on another test. Some intelligence tests don't use IQ scores at all. Mensa has set a percentile as cutoff to avoid this confusion. Candidates for membership in Mensa must achieve a score at or above the 98th percentile on a standard test of intelligence (a score that is greater than or equal to that achieved by 98 percent of the general population taking the test).

As for enhancing it... not going to happen, sorry. As I understand it, which is imperfectly, IQ is about 50% hardware and about 50% software.

The Hardware component is the actual physical make up of your brain...that's mostly genetic. If your Mom drank to much when you were in the womb, if you suffered from malunutrition as a young child, would have a negative impact on your IQ. How smart your parents were would also come into play here. In any case, there isn't a lot of room for positive impact on that...certianly not after your brain has formed and you are walking and talking and such. There is still room for NEGATIVE impact...(like getting into a motorcycle wreck) but positive impact is out of the question.

The 50% that is software IS something you can do something about... to some extent. There is some evidence that the more you use your brain, the better the brain performs...within limits. (It's like a muscle...if you train a lot you can run a 3 min. mile. If you REALLY train you can run under a 3 min mile...but NO human is EVER going to run a 1 min mile...humans just aren't built for that.)

The problem is... the time the brain really responds to stimulation pretty much ends when you hit 4 or 5. Once you hit that age, no matter how you stimulate or exercise your brian, it will do some good, but it won't do as much good, and you certianly won't see the dramatic rise you are seeking. After you hit middle age, your congnitive function starts to slowly decrease, so when you hit 40 or so mental stimulation just slows the rate of decline in brain function.

So, sorry you won't get to 210, but 140 is very impressive. 100 is average... and IQ is distributed on a bell curve, so you are WAY out there with a 140. Be happy with what you have, and go click on the MENSA link. With a 140 you should be a shoe in.

Good luck!

Source(s): former mensan
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1. Try not to be so hung up on IQ. It's not such a big deal.

2. You can't really enhance your IQ in the sense of making your score higher. However, you can do some things to expand your general intelligence: read good books, increase your vocabulary, surround yourself with intelligent people who discuss a variety of things (and discuss such things with them), and so one.

3. An IQ of 140 is a bit above average, and enough to get you into Mensa.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think the fact that you don't know if 140 is good or not, indicates you don't have an IQ of 140!

Who cares about IQ it means nothing, just get good at typing then get all your knowledge and smarts off the net!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.