Everything we learned about the Great Depression in school seems to be happening, are we headed to a depres'n?

With banks failing, over extended credit... wasn't that some of the causes of the Depression?

Favorite Answer

I think we are. I don't care what the press says, I see it all around me. My friends are losing their jobs left and right and most people I know can't afford to drive anywhere. There aren't new jobs to replace the old ones. They won't declare a recession or depression until it hits the rich people harder. Us little people don't count.

We're certainly heading for trouble in a major way, only I can't see us getting through it easily.

We're overpopulated too, and there is always someone willing to do something cheaper - greed over cheap luxuries for everyone has contributed to that one, along with ease of credit.....

Just when you need a loan, you can't get one at a reasonable rate - if at all.

Things are going to become interesting, or a little scary.

Exactly except it's happening out of order which means the Government has learned to plan ahead to try to avoid the inevitable.

sadly it seems we are because as george carlin wisely said consumption its the new national pastime **** baseball its consumption yo watch this its heehawlarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ4SSvVbhLw

Youtube thumbnail

and sadly it nails the truth on the head in more ways then 1

• K7

As sad as it is, I don't think so. If we could just get control of the oil prices we would be fine.

Right now, we're in what's called a repression, and if it keeps up then yes, we will most likely see another depression. :-(

two words SOCIAL SECURITY

it's not likely