Everything we learned about the Great Depression in school seems to be happening, are we headed to a depres'n?

With banks failing, over extended credit... wasn't that some of the causes of the Depression?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think we are. I don't care what the press says, I see it all around me. My friends are losing their jobs left and right and most people I know can't afford to drive anywhere. There aren't new jobs to replace the old ones. They won't declare a recession or depression until it hits the rich people harder. Us little people don't count.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We're certainly heading for trouble in a major way, only I can't see us getting through it easily.

We're overpopulated too, and there is always someone willing to do something cheaper - greed over cheap luxuries for everyone has contributed to that one, along with ease of credit.....

Just when you need a loan, you can't get one at a reasonable rate - if at all.

Things are going to become interesting, or a little scary.

• 1 decade ago

Exactly except it's happening out of order which means the Government has learned to plan ahead to try to avoid the inevitable.

• 1 decade ago

sadly it seems we are because as george carlin wisely said consumption its the new national pastime **** baseball its consumption yo watch this its heehawlarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ4SSvVbhLw

Youtube thumbnail

and sadly it nails the truth on the head in more ways then 1

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • K7
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

As sad as it is, I don't think so. If we could just get control of the oil prices we would be fine.

• 1 decade ago

Right now, we're in what's called a repression, and if it keeps up then yes, we will most likely see another depression. :-(

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

two words SOCIAL SECURITY

it's not likely

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.