Learning french and spanish at the same time?

i've been learning spanish for 2 years and i'm in spain as an exchange student. my spanish is at the intermediate - advanced level and i can speak and understand when people speak to me and most of the time when two people are having a convo. i want to become fluent in the next 1-2.5 years. in my house,... show more i've been learning spanish for 2 years and i'm in spain as an exchange student. my spanish is at the intermediate - advanced level and i can speak and understand when people speak to me and most of the time when two people are having a convo. i want to become fluent in the next 1-2.5 years.

in my house, there are two other french exchange students and i like the sound of french. i want to learn french fluently someday, maybe in the next 3 - 7 years.

i already know the BASIC BASICS of french like bonjour, j'mapelle,au revoir and other basic words, but i haven't started learning the alphabet, numbers, or conjugation.

would it be a good idea to start learning french? i already have a pretty good base with spanish and i dont think i would confuse them TOO much. do you recommend that i start learning french? i'm 16 and i think it would be a lot easier because i have heard that as you get older you start to lose the ability to learn languages faster...so what should i do?