Nini
Nini asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Light headed, stomoch ach, nauseous, feet feel weird?

I am 24 weeks and 4 days pregers and I keeps having these strange spells. I did not do this with my first pregnancy. I have called the doctor, but she is out of the office right now. My stomoch starts hurting. It is not like cramping or contractions. More like having to go to the bathroom very badly. I get very week, dizzy, nauseous, and my feet feel very strange. Kind of like my blood sugar is low, but this only last for 5-15 min. Has anyone else done this or know what might be wrong?

Gretchen,

You need to stay off of the computer untill you are mature enough to handle it. I pray for you in the event that you ever get pregnant and have questions, becaue you will have alot of them weather it be your first pregnancy or your fifth.

I eat and I eat often. I do not have enough in me to be able to walk when this happens. All I can do is lay down on the floor untill it stops. My blood pressure is doing great according to the dr., but I have always had a problem with my bood sugar and I am anemic. (Spelling?)

The dr. called back and said that she wants to see me in the morning. She said that it sounds like blood sugar and I get the joy of no sweet tea and get to prick my fingure a couple of times a day!! Yeah for me! :( Thank you to those who answered. :)

Favorite Answer

It is either blood sugar or blood pressure causing this. You do not have enough protein in your system. Immediately upon feeling this way, eat a protein snack and drink a glass of water. Have your health team keep a close watch on your blood pressure.

Skipping, missing or dieting during pregnancy, even accidently will cause serious health problems during pregnancy.

Ultimate eating plan for a healthy baby and pregnancy:

http://www.blueribbonbaby.org/

I got this information from wikipedia:

Dehydration

Caused by: expanded intravascular space and increased Third Spacing of Fluids

Treatment: fluid intake

Complication: uterine contractions, which may occur because dehydration causes body release of ADH, which is similar to oxytocin in structure. Oxytocin itself can cause uterine contractions and thus ADH can cross-react with oxytocin receptors and also cause contractions.

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)

Caused by: relaxation of the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) and increased transit time in the stomach (normal in pregnancy)

Treatment: antacids, multiple small meals a day, avoid lying down within an hour of eating, H2 blockers, proton pump inhibitors

I hope you feel better soon !

Sean

your dieing