Which "superstition" causes more harm TODAY: Christianity or Islam?

Events of a millenium ago have zero bearing on any of our lives today.

When was the last time you heard about Presbyterians flying planes into buildings, Methodists hijacking cruise ships and murdering wheelchair bound elderly men, Catholics blowing themselves up in crowded markets, Mormons burning down embassies in outrage over cartoons of Joseph Smith, or Baptists lopping off the heads of "infidels"?

Update:

dk: If Islam is such a peaceful religion, where is the outcry from the average Muslim about the terrorism being committed in the name of his faith? When "Christians" attacked abortion clinics, people of faith came out of the woodwork to denounce their actions as being antithetical to Christianity. Why can we not expect the same from the "religion of peace"?

Update 2:

chupate: You never cease to amaze me. Doesn't it get tiring being such a vehement apologist for those who want us dead?

Update 3:

chupate: Why do you find it impossible to ever actually answer a question? If I were a report-happy leftist, I'd report you for not answering.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There is no superstition when it come to Muslims, the killing and murders, rape, etc. is for real.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I agree. Lets outlaw them all. Freedom from religion!

If events a millenium ago have no bearing on our lives today then why does Christianity even exist?

Your point is still moot. Just because one muslim blows up a building doesn't mean they all are all evil or harmful. Islam is a peaceful religion.

Radicals want us dead. Not all Muslims. You can't hold a billion people responsible for the actions of a few thousand.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1670...

http://www.westernresistance.com/blog/archives/001...

http://www.tparents.org/UNews/Unws0111/MJenkinsAdd...

• 1 decade ago

C. Man-made Global Warming

• 1 decade ago

Science

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The body count in the war on terrorism surpasses all terror attacks combine.

Stop selling BS and you'll stop to be amazed.

Reporting me won't change the facts which is your problem.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its not big lately, but there is still the IRA (irish republican army) which is a christian group I think, that want indepeance from england....they periodically bomb london and such.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Christian country of America continues to create havoc world wide killing tens of thousands of innocents in Iraq and creating 5 million refugees right on par with the leader of Sudan.

The CIA covertly causes havoc and destroys hundreds of thousands of innocent lives through its activities world wide by propping up monarchies and dictatorships world wide.

The destruction of Vietnam and the killing of tens of thousands of innocent civilians with napalm and continuous indiscriminate bombing with B-52s .

The use of the deadly chemical defoliant Agent Orange - dioxin (over 80 million litres I believe) poisoning millions.

Creating the Contras (insurgents into Nicaragua) and training them in Florida and arming them.

The putting into power of Pinochet in Chile, a cruel and viscious dictator who caused thousands of Chileans to die with his military and death squads. Thoroughly supported by the US. He was put into power when Nixon and the CIA toppled the democratic government of Chile for - American Interests.

Putting into power of Noriega in Panama - he was a CIA asset as was Saddam who was also placed into power and supported by the US.

Covert attempts to assassinate Fidel Castro.

Attempted coup to depose of a democratically elected Chavez of Venezuela.

Propping up of dictator Marcos in the Philippines.

Putting in power of the Christian Democratic Party in El Salvador and propping it up while it send out death squads to kill its people and many Catholics.

The continued propping up of Israel no matter what. Vetoing all of the 29 UN resolutions against Israel.

The list goes on and on and on. A long series of illegal and immoral activities of a Christian USA.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, I think there are RADICAL sides to both. On the whole I think both religions would discourage violence.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.