Kiwi J asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Do you think there should be a seperate Yahoo! ANSWERS 4 kids? Yahoo ANSWERS 4 Teens? Yahoo ANSWERS 4 adults?

One for kids? Ages 12 and under?

One or Teens 13-17?

One for Adults 17 and up?

I am not trying to offend anyone but I am shocked by the amount of youngsters who are on here and would like for my questions to be answered by adults only. Sorry kids!!

Favorite Answer

Definitely. Each age group should have it's own peer section. Just like television, the theaters, buying cigarettes, alcohol, etc. If I want to ask about and answer questions about mature subject matter, I should be allowed to do so without worrying about censorship. It would be fantastic if Yahoo! was able to figure out a way to offer an adults only, restricted site. Where does the Yahoo! draw the line on questions and answers? For example are the following topics O.K. for someone under the age of 12 to be reading?

1.Someone asking for advice on ways to sexually pleasure their wife or husband.

2. A woman offering oral sex advice to a man who has asked for help on ways to give his girlfriend an orgasm?

3. Someone offering advice to another concerning abortion?

4. Someone asking for advice regarding drug addiction?

5. Someone who has an addiction to porn is seeking help through Y! Answers?

**Are these topics ok for children and preteens to have access to? For children/preteens to be able to answer with the some immature and rude, offensive comments? What about the asker? What if someone asks about how to cope with their divorce and all they get is immature answers from kids no older than 14? Or when a 12 year old tries to give dating advice? It sucks big time for the person asking for advice! Their question is only answered by preteens!

Anyway the guidelines are too vague and Yahoo! does not give specific reasons for violations. It is frustrating!

But like many users have said "It doesn't make any difference." Well in my opinion, how can we know "it wont make any difference" if Yahoo! never makes another answers for kids? What if it is a success? We will never know though because they "assume" it wont make any difference...whatever. Assuming does nothing...remember...

ASSUME....it makes an *** of U and ME...

Yahoo ENCOURAGES the under 13 population to come and reek havoc with this site though it is "against the rules".. If they would do away with 1/2 the categories the kids would find it so boring they would go play somewhere else and the site could actually be helpful.

Separating the ages would not work to keep the kids at bay.

Your question has already been solved a long time ago, it's just that nobody uses it much, Yahoo calls it a Chat Room. Q&A was set up for a community of people 13 and older and anyone can participate. If you can somehow disern a persons age from their answer and the answer is correct, that shouldn't be held against them just because they are young or old. Pick the answer that best answers your questions and the rest will be ok with that.

Pedophiles may hang out in the ones for kids and teens. Parents may complain if there are so many to notice that it is causing a problem. I understand your frustration, but I think that the kids are more "protected" when they are not singled out and segregated. When we adults see some question here that is inappropriate we are quick to report it. Kids are inexperienced in that and may get sucked into abuse if left alone in their own site.

I feel the same way. & I also hate how 11-yr. olds try to give Marriage & Divorce advice. Haha! It's sad how they think they know it all, & they never even really lived long enough to live life & explore the world with adult experiences, like gambling, clubbing, partying, etc.

Fabulous Idea!!

marvelous

wonderful

inspired

yay

Oh I 100% agree we need all kinds of changes, but the bad news is yahoo has already said no to this suggestion in the Forum....

*Sigh*

But that won't keep me from wanting!

YES YES YES!!!!

I was just thinking that. I would love to have a Teen section...that way I can give advice to teens that are younger, and get advice from teens that are older...and right now all I want to know is about how to tone my body and you know? TEEN things...so :D

Source(s): I AGREE!

yes. actually about a month ago i asked this question too cause i get so annoyed with young kids answering my adult related questions

YES! i am getting really tired of these kids on hear posting bogus questions and dumb answers just because they are bored. when i ask a question i would really like a true answer. this is getting really ridiculous. its bad enough we have to deal with trolls, and adults that think they are funny now we have to deal with kids trying to get us to use dirty language and pornographic details