Charlise asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How do asian women stay so thin? What kind of diet?

I am Asian, 5'6" and have been weighing 120 lbs. I've been trying to lose weight to around 110 lbs for the last 5 years and failed to do so, the closest with me at 114 lbs when I had a personal trainer.

I would like to know how other Asian women do it?! I see so many of them (in USA and in Asia) that are my height but weigh on average 105 to 110 lbs. And no, they're not anorexic. And yes, they still eat a lot and look healthy, and they are not bulimic and no, they are not sick or have mental problems. This is the NORM in Asia.

Trust me when I say this is the "norm" in Asia. Most women in Asia, especially Korea/Japan/China, have a BMI of 16 and are on the cusp of being anorexic.

They look so beautiful. I am *not* anorexic/mentally need help. I want an honest answer. If you know please tell me. Thank you.

Wow, those are really good answers! Thank you for the insightful, and thoughtful replies!

• Jane
    Favorite Answer

I am not Asian but I buy a lot of Asian clothes, and I have to agree, it is normal to be much smaller than the average American in Japan, etc. A size small here is a size medium/ large there! I am good friends with a few Chinese immigrants who all have darling figures. Not to sound stereotypical or whatever, but I've noticed they are ALL very active and industrious people. Always moving about, organizing, cleaning things, etc. They don't seem to ever be in idle mode. Just moving and burning calories seems to be their secret. I've also noticed they seem to stay more hydrated than most people. Always sipping water or hot tea. That's good for moving along things you're digesting quickly, and keeping you from retaining water weight. *shrug* my observations.

1

Source(s): Delicious Paleo Recipe Guide : http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?ZBvv
  • lycans

Skinny Asian Diet

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I would like to know how other Asian women do it?! I see so many of them (in...

Source(s): asian women stay thin kind diet: https://biturl.im/sF27u
  • mcveay

Skinny Asian Women

I am Asian I eat so much but I do not get fat Asians have high genetics :3 Asian people eat food in a small bowls and drink a lot of tea that's what I do

Paleo diet its a diet based around eating real food unprocessed and organic. Learn here https://tr.im/Jn0E9

Whether you have or not, what you probably don't realize is that it’s the fastest growing “diet” in the world right now. From celebrities, chefs, elite athletes. Even fitness experts is eager to try it or adopt it.

And for good reason, because no other diet or eating plan provides so many benefits so fast.

For the most part they eat no dairy. They do not eat snack foods as we know it. When I was in China in 1993 I saw them eat tiny candied apples on a stick and popcorn and sweet potatoes roasted in the streets. they do not eat large pieces of meat, only thin slivers stir fried. They eat mostly rice with condiments of meat fish and veg on top. They drink large amounts of tea. and they spend most of the waking day outdoors doing everything outdoors. When I was there, there were no cars, just bicycles. and, lastly, the grandparents raise the children while the parents work. This keeps their minds and bodies active.

Walk your lunch outside or to another location at work instead of sitting and eating at your desk.

• Carley

teach your kids your favorite sport or have them teach you theirs