Do you think Frankie Avalon's music was real rock-n-roll ?

I never thought so; it just didn't make the grade as far as I was concerned. Besides, his ears were too big.

Update:

insomniac, I am.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I put Frankie Avalon in the category of a "crooner", like Perry Como, Johnny Mathis, and Bobby Vinton....They all had great music, but lacked the basic beat and tempo of rock and roll...

• Milou
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Gee! I loved Frankie Avalon and I loved all the music of the era, It was all rock n roll maybe a little different style.

• Cleo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Frankie's music wasn't R&R. His songs were part of the "Beach Scene" back in the day. I enjoy hearing his music as I do most all music. He and Annette were successful going from the Mickey Mouse Club on to do movies and have recording careers. I don't think Britney Speers will be as successful. lol

• 1 decade ago

No, I never did either. I think was more of a young Dean Martin, Frank Sanatra and that type music. But, of course, I do not think he was that great a singer. I do not think he could act either.

Odd you should ask. Just heard his name the other day and we had the same opinion as I shared here. We were naming a lot of the old songs and artist and we put him on the back burner,..lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, I think Frankie's music was as much rock and roll as the next person's... His song "Venus" is one of my favorites. I think he is a very handsome man... I believe he has been married to the same woman and has children; who he and his wife have 'raised right.' I love Frankie!!!!

Source(s): Personal opinion.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, his type of music I would not consider as rock and roll. I agree with another here, saying it would be more like bubble gum or pop music. I myself refer to it as 'sappy,' but that's not a cut down to his style, it is just a description I use, and not my favorite type of music by a long shot. Many fans love that type of music, and I have respect for that.

• 1 decade ago

It was all considered Rock & Roll in that era. I never paid any attention to his ears. Big ears didn't affect his singing any. We ALL have a physical flaw or two!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sorry but Rock & Roll started going downhill after Buddy Holly died

Beach noise wasnt my bag Daddy-O

• 1 decade ago

No. I like Frankie, but I would not consider him R&R. That was Elvis.

• 1 decade ago

No. His music was definitely not R&R,but as he was part of the greatest music era,then , it will have to be recognised

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.