Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 1 decade ago

Are yall gonna participate in VIBE's best rapper alive tournament ..(NCAA style)?

Everyone’s got a favorite rapper. Even your favorite rapper has a favorite rapper.

So we’re taking the debate to the people, to you – fans, Stans, and pros alike. Introducing VIBE Presents…The Best Rapper Alive, an interactive, NCAA-style tournament pitting the 64 top Mcs recording today against each other in a head-to-head competition: All this to determine who you believe to be the best in game.

The first round of voting begins July 21. Each round lasts one week – followed by our version of The Final Four. That’s when the tournament really heats up. Winners of each matchup will be determined by your vote at VIBE.com.

There are four brackets, represented by four of our fallen rap legends. Click on any one of them to begin voting. You can vote once a day for as many days as you like. At the end of five weeks, we’ll crown a king or queen, and the winner will be announced in our November issue.

Printable Bracket and Voting brackets (starts July 21) available at the site

http://www.vibe.com/bestrapper/

play in battle for who gets 64th seed

Jim Jones or Diddy

http://www.vibe.com/news/news_headli...ones_vs_did...

"four of our fallen rap legends" how they consider Pim C a "legend" is beyond me...,

Big L!!!!

APAK-huh?...you have to click em all ..Biggies, Pacs, Pimp Cs, and Big Pun's...and you vote in each one..it doesnt enable you to vote yet..cuz its not July 21st ..but yeah u gotta vote in each of the 4

Eason-did you *READ*? it doesn't begin till July 21st

cuz Big L's skill is like lightyears further than Pimp C's

Best Answer

As soon as the screen loaded I was faced with a picture of Lil' Wayne, so I calmly clicked x and refused to take part in anything that puts up a pic of Lil Wayne without one of Eazy-E

Pimp C is a legend in his own right, him and Bun influenced Southern Rap music especially Texas Hip Hop so much, just because he wasn't lyrically crazy and had an amazing flow doesn't mean he shouldn't be considered a legend, he did what he could and never let gimmicky hip hop take him over, unlike certain others who get the "legend" position

It's a bit awful the seedings ex.

Ghost Face vs Raekwon

Mos Def vs Talib Kweli

Common vs Black Thought

when

Rich Boy vs Pusha T means one of them will go through.

yea Imma participate.. I printed out a bracket and filled it out already.. They got tough matches in the first round like Raekwon vs. Ghostface, Common Vs. Black Thought, Lupe Vs. Q-Tip, mos Def Vs. Talib Kweli....hard to decide...

Pimp C?Wow...Big L or Eazy E would've been a better choice

A lot of wack rappers though

lol @ the ignorant cat responsible for putting in Pimp C and not Big L...

Why bother voting?

Wayne's gonna win anyway.

Wait for stans to start using this tournament results as proof of his greatness.

Source(s): I guess they needed someone to represent the south... screw you hnic... lol...

lmao..Andre 3000 hasnt even dropped a full solo track the whole year, how did he end up a #1 seed?

if yall consider Big L a legend....i dont see how Pimp C isnt

• APAK

I'm doing it.. But that bracket thing, does it really matter which one you choose?

LMFAO - "Eminem vs. Soulja Boy"

EDIT: @ Ant,.. Yeah I just looked at it.. At 1st I thought you could only pick one bracket to vote in..

• I was clicking and wasnt doing anything lol. U can barely see the names without highlighting them.

• I'm starting a pool....$20 to get in

I got Eminem winning this

• Sa_San

I want to participate. Some of those people they have going against each other is wack.