Is the Stepford wives a good movie or a good book?

I didn't even know what a stepford wife was until there were questions about it on here..

Is the remake of the movie better? The original? Or is the book better?

And, is there a site where I can watch the movie?

Want to come to my job and watch it with me? :p I'm at work and I can watch movies online, since I work overnight....It's better to get it on some website.

Favorite Answer

Both versions of the movie are so-so... although I will admit I have a sneaking admiration for Bette Midler, so I liked the second version a bit better.

But the book is WAY better.

The ONLY movie of a book that I've ever seen that REALLY carried the same weight as the written version and got the proper feeling across was "The World According To Garp."

However, in THAT example, both book AND movie were "so-so." As an ex-wrestler it grieves me to say so, but it's true. But seeing John Lithgow as a muscular six foot-six drag queen WAS interesting.

The only way the original is better is if you are old enough for that to have been the first one you saw. The script for the new one is every bit as good and you don't have to deal with low production quality. Also, this is one of the rare cases where the book is not really that much better.

The original books are always better. I saw the original movie and chose not to bother with the remake. Frankly the concept is old and tired, and only here is it revered.

Good luck with that.

I liked the Nicole Kidman version of the movie, but I haven't seen the original, nor have I read the book.

The original. 1975 not showing on TV until October 17th! TCM.

The remake is not an improvement.

• silvio

the two variations of movies are corny, yet I lots favored the unique. It replaced into with the aid of much greater exciting to me. i theory the greater cutting-edge version replaced into attempting to be humorous, extremely of in simple terms letting the utter hilarity of the area take place. i in my view did no longer locate the unique complicated and that i had no longer study the e book at that element.

The original is better, it's creepy wherease the the reamek is more a comedy.

The new movie Sux.

The old movie was good.

The book is better!

Go buy the movie and you can give it to me after you watch it so I can see it too.

Books are always better....