Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Im 23 weeks pregnant should i wake up my husband because ???

Ok like right now my life is an emotional wreck right now we have a 15 month old little girl and my husband works nights so he sleeps during the day which is reasonable well ive been really sick since saturday and like when i say sick i mean i havent been able to keep anything down not water not food not anything and like right now i really need him to help me out with our 1 year old because i feel like im doing this alone and its like i have a fever im constantly throwing up and not eating and i just dont feel good and he's sleeping apart of me wants to wake him up and say baby please help me but i cant becaus ehe has to work so he needs his sleep because we need the money i dont know what to do and im just so very sick right now that i dont think i can do anymore i;m wearing my body out expecially with me being pregnant and its just so complicated and i want him to be here for me but he also need to work what do i do please help me should i go wake him up?

what should i say if i do wake him up

• Favorite Answer

dont wake him up just pray and let god take care of the situation

Hey. I think that you should wake him up so that he can help you. Like you said you are sick. I understand that he has to work and everything but you need him. Also is there anyone else that you can get to come over and help you? If so see if they will come over. Also you said that you are throwing up alot and cant keep anything down. I think that you should just go to the doctor or hospital to make sure that everything is okay. Because you aren't suppose to be throwing up like that. Anyway take care of yourself.

• ME

If you go more than 24 hours without keeping anything down including water, you need to go to the hospital right away. And if you are running a fever on top of it you better get your butt moving! Wake up hubby and go! Good luck with everything!

Source(s): Mommy of a 3 year old boy, a 9 month old girl, and 16 weeks pregnant with a surprise! Had SEVERE morning sickness with all three.

Yes, ask your husband for help. He loves you and he loves your children. Tell your husband that this shift is not working out, and see if anything can be done. This is not always possible, and a job is better than none. If it is possible, get him to change it. Also remember the sickness should ease up in a few weeks...but I have a friend who is pregnant and so sick she is on meds. and she is four months now. Maybe you doc can help you out too. You can always ask.

Well, I hope this helps.

Go wake him up hun you need to rest you are pregnant if he is at work so what he is not the one who is carryin the child go wake him up and say listen baby i know you are working but i am ill and pregnant i can't keep doing this on my own i need some help so please just give me a rest and help out (problem sorted) lol hope this helps and make sure you get some rest otherwise you will make yourself worse good luck xx

Yes, I would wake him up and say, honey I feel really sick right now so can you please help me with our baby so that I can get some rest so that later when you are at work I can have some energy to care for our little one .....

Do you have family around or someone that has babysat for your daughter before? Ask someone to take her for a couple hours. If you are on day three of vomiting and fevers you need to go see your OB, a fever can be a bad deal when prego, and you dont want to become dehydrated.

Source(s): Momma to 3 & doula to many

I would wake him up! If he loves and cares for the both of you... he wont be too bothered by it! That is his child too, and you have to do what is best for you while you are sick. That means rest lil missy! You don't want to over exert yourself right now, you don't want to cause stress to the baby! I hope you get better!!!

You need to increase the amount of protein you are eating. No sugar/carbs/fats. Your baby needs protein. First take care of yourself. The moment nausea hits grab a high protein snack and eat it. Then have a glass of water. Always have water at your side. Don't wake him up as he can't help you with this. You have to help yourself. I know you are feeling bad, but if you increase your protein and water I know you will feel much better soon.

Morning Sickness Secrets:

http://web.mac.com/pregnancysecrets/Site/Pregnancy...

Well I would let him sleep for atleast 5 hours and then wake himup and just let him know how much you apperiate him and just let him know that you really need help.Also have you been to the doctor lately because you could get dehydrated and go in to preterm labor so I would definitely be seeing my DR. asap.If you have family around don't be afraid to ask them for help.Good luck hun and please see a doctor in the next day or so.

well yeah...if you cant do it anymore then wake him up your not the only one who is takeing care of your children...my husband is in school to be a helicopter mechanic and oes from 5pm-1am and he sleeps all day but when i need help with something or i am not feeling good i wake him up and when we have our son he better be up to spend time with him...i dont expect him to be up forever but if he has to then he needs too...but my husband is trained to stay up for days he got back from iraq in october so it might be a little different but im saying if you just cant do it and need to rest which it sounds lke you do thenwake him up its not going to kill him i promise