Confederate Flags?

What comes to mind when you see a Confederate Flag? Not only the Battle Flag, but the Stars and Bars & the Bonnie Blue Flag?

If you don't mind, please put down where your from as well.

Well said Icarus!!:)

Favorite Answer

I'll the answer last part first. I am from West Virginia.

As to my thoughts about the Confederate flag, it reminds me of the service of my ancestors, Virginians and non-slaveholders, who fought as hard as for their beliefs as any other Americans have ever fought for anything.

And, it reminds me that there are at least two sides to every story, and this episode in American history was a polygon, at least.

I regret that so many folk cannot put the flag in its historical perspective, but I'll try to understand their p.o.v. if they won't condemn mine.

Remember, one other thing. Slavery existed and flourished for many more years under the good ole "Stars and Stripes" than it ever did under the Confederate flag.

I am a Northerner. The confederate flag is part of the history of the South. And I agree with them, that if you don't like it, get out. It has been turned into a symbol of racism by those who do not like it. If you do not like it, then have Congress pass a law, like Germany did after WWII, that bans the display of the flag (in Germany's case, the Nazi flag) If you believe it should be banned, I will not stop you. That is your right as an American Citizen.

That flag weather you choose to salute it or burn it is part of our history. People died for the beliefs that flag stood for. You may not understand why, but we are not from that time. Life was different back then. But to get rid of that is deigning that part of our history out people fought to change. History isnt always pretty but removing symbols from it doest change it. Be proud where you came from but not blind. I'm from AZ

HOWRAH!!!

• mudbug

Pride. Heritage. I want to stand at attention and put my chest out. Five of my ancestors fought under flags of the Confederacy.

- Missouri

Source(s): Heritage Not Hate! I deplore those that disparage this flag's image for racist means. The Confederate States Of America were a separate government not a mere klan.

rebellion and freedom, it reminds me that might makes history and politicians will attempt to defame and slander thier opposition. the ignorant will eat up hate filled rhetoric like it was the lunch buffet at uncle chu's. No war was ever what they told you it was. In the end it's money and power, no one slaughters villages for high ideals. They do it for cash.

I'm from New York.

I think of slavery and ignorance, but that is ok because a lot has changed and for the better. There is still some things that need working on but that flad is our history. I am from michigan.

reminds me of the States who banded together in order to achieve certain rights which they felt they were entitled to. the Northern States were not concerned with their rights and were interested in pursuing their own agenda without consideration to an agriculture based group of States.

as an aside if and I say if both sides had calmed down and discussed their problems over in a calm, cool and collected manner with their objective being to come to a mutual advantageous agreement this war would not have taken place.

Confederates - were the states that tried to separate themselves from the US.

- My history knowledge is limited, but that is all I know.

- East Coast - Maryland.

It is the flag of a traitorous nation which lost the war ... leave the past in the past and get rid of that damn flag

what comes to my mind is racist. that flag stands for the separation of the USA based on slavery. the south had that at that time. its represents racism and slavery to me. but others see it as southern pride but still that is a symbol of separation of the US.