KATAR asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

Can his x be charged with child endagerment?

SHE LEFT MY STEP KIDS WITH HER BOYFRIENDS KID. WE ALL KNEW HE HAD BEEN ABUSED AND MY HUSBAND AND I STRONGLEY OBJECTED. THE KID HAS SINCE BEEN ARRESTED FOR MOLESTING HIS SISTER. COULD SHE BE CHARGED FOR CHILD ENDAGERMENT. WE HAVE BEEN FIGHTING TO GET THESE KIDS AWAY FROM THIS QUACK FOR 3 YEARS. WE ARE AT THE END OF OUR ROPES WITH THIS.

My husband tried to get custody of the kids in the divorce (which I was there for) I am not just going on what I have been told but what I have been told as well as seen.

These kids have been moved 10 times in the last 2 1/2 yrs and been through more than a dozen "boyfriends"

This boyfriend thankfully won custody of his children once they deemed his ex unfit. However the 3 children had already been abused.

our objection to this kid watching my step kids was that none of the kids had received counciling and there were incidences of violence between him and my 11 year old step son. He seemed to be influencing my pre teen step son with porn and then showing my 9 year step daughter. Their mother's response was boy's will be boy's. The fight over custody is not a pay back issue at all. and I don't feel I am overstepping my bounds as a step mother. I am the one who has taken care of them for the last 3 years and I am terrified that no one will help us until they've been hurt.

Favorite Answer

Yes , she can be charged with child endangerment . She has left her under aged children in the care of a known and convicted child molester .

If you and your husband have an attorney speak to them about this , and then report her to the child protective services .

Check with your local police about getting a police record on this kid that has been charged with molestation , if you get his police record make several copies . One for you & your husband , 1 for your attorney , and 1 to give to the child protective service along with a couple of more for you to keep just in case .

Try and get some type of proof that his ex is allowing the kids to be cared for by this kid . Rather it be pictures of the kids in the presence of this kid , or video taping them around the kid .

Any thing that you can possibly think of that would be proof that she is allowing this to go on .

Is his kids old enough to where they can talk to your attorney and or judge and tell them that mommy leaves them with him ? If so I suggest doing it .

If you do not get any where with your attorney or CPS , talk to a judge directly . The sooner the better .

I hope and pray that you & your husband get custody of the children before any thing happens .

As the mother of these kids she should be ashamed of herself for allowing this . No decent parent would allow this .

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband .

Best wishes .

That's kind of sticky because you can't really say she knew that he was going to do that just because it happened to him some people that have been molested do lead their lives with out molesting another kid, I think a person that has been molested and didn't do this would be kind of offended by your comment, also I don't think she left her kids their to get molested I think you all are just trying to twist this to your advantage to get those kids and that is horrible. You have been trying to get them for 3 years if she was such a bad mother why did she get them in the first place and why does she still have them don't take everything a man says and run with it I know that's you husband now and I comment you for trying to be a good step mom but you shouldn't try to tell another women how to raise her kids especially under you guys circumstances.

You cant control what your stepkids' mother does or who she associates with... and it's impossible to foresee that someone's future includes an arrest for sexually abusing or molesting children. I don't see how the mother would be able to predict this was going to happen, do you?

It's very sad that the boyfriend's kid was abused, actually.. and everyone just stands by and watches, the kid SUFFERS, and no one offers help... typical, stupid adults. Abuse is learned, and therefore it tends to be a cycle. Victims of abuse need and deserve good help.

it sounds like you and your guy do not like the mother's lifestyle...and perhaps there is a lot of bitterness in the mix, too?

in reality this is your husband's issue and while i know you are concerned for him and the welfare of his kids, sticking your nose in too far might be damaging.

also, take the kids feelings into consideration. you didn't mention their ages, but i'm sure they love BOTH their parents -- maybe their wishes and feelings could be addressed.

• Sue B

Geez, if you've been fighting this sort of battle for 3 years, this sure doesn't say much for our judicious system or child welfare. If this has been a 3 year fight, then maybe the courts are looking at you and your hubby as being vendictive??

You should beable too, yes. I suggest getting an attorney, not just dealing with this in family law with no attornies.

Pull the stick out of your a s s !!!! there's no longer probable something incorrect with what is going on and for many childrens this is a suitable of passage with their Dad. Are you intentionally attempting again between the babies and their father? if so, it particularly is very small of you. you have a very propose streak in you, do no longer you? Calling CPS is a depressing bastardly ingredient to do for some thing so unimportant plus you're dropping the components that could desire to be going to babies who're in genuine choose of risk-free practices no longer purely people who've a petty bitchy stepfather.

I would advise contacting an attorney- if he was arrested prior to her leaving the kids with him- she knowingly left them in an unsafe enviorment. You can call CPS and report it - if they remove the kids from her they should contact you as you are the next of kin- but eventually they may be placed back in her care- with out a courts involvement as well.

• ?

YES they could. that is defently correct. i would bring this to court.

good luck.

--kyle.