Does the universe have magnetic poles?

The north pole of a compass needle points towards Earth's north geographic pole (Earth's south magnetic pole). okay... Earth's south magnetic pole is on the top/up-side in all the pictures we see of the solar system in textbooks etc. This can be explained by saying that Earth's south magnetic... show more The north pole of a compass needle points towards Earth's north geographic pole (Earth's south magnetic pole).

okay...

Earth's south magnetic pole is on the top/up-side in all the pictures we see of the solar system in textbooks etc. This can be explained by saying that Earth's south magnetic pole is aligned with the Sun's north pole; thus the Sun's north magnetic pole is on the top/up side of the solar system plane we see in textbooks.

Then again, is the solar system plane on the plane of the milky way galaxy? I dunno. But assuming it is, we can infer that the milky way galaxy has a north pole that is on the bottom/down side relative to how we see stuff on Earth; thus when we stand on Earth's south geographic pole and look up, we are looking in more or less the same direction as the milky way galaxy's north magnetic pole.

And so on and so forth until we're talking about the universe. Except I don't know if things like galaxy clusters etc. complicate this cycle.
Update: In other words, are there universal magnetic poles? An "up" and "down" on a universal scale? Is our view of up and down (Earth's north, and south relatively) aligned with the universal view, or do we live upside down. Has anybody asked this question before, or is it a question that can... show more In other words, are there universal magnetic poles? An "up" and "down" on a universal scale?

Is our view of up and down (Earth's north, and south relatively) aligned with the universal view, or do we live upside down.

Has anybody asked this question before, or is it a question that can only occur in the tremendously curious, yet tremendously ignorant mind of me?

Now, I am aware that people who live on the opposite side of the globe (somewhere around Rio de Jenairo for me, in Tokyo) see my up as their down, and my down as their up. But I'm talking about up and down on a magnetic scale. So I'm not dissing anybody who lives in the southern hemisphere.