NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) magnet to erase hard disk?

Commercial hard disk demagnetizers (sanitizers) uses ~ 5000-10000 Oersted magnetic field to erase data on a hard disk in less than 10 seconds. Can I use an NMR machine's powerful magnets (just for a couple of seconds) to erase hard disk data? Is it possible to "tune down" the NMR machine to produce... show more Commercial hard disk demagnetizers (sanitizers) uses ~ 5000-10000 Oersted magnetic field to erase data on a hard disk in less than 10 seconds. Can I use an NMR machine's powerful magnets (just for a couple of seconds) to erase hard disk data? Is it possible to "tune down" the NMR machine to produce 5-10K Oersted without frying the hard disk's spindle motor or circuitry?
Update: Thanks for the answers! I guess it is 10000 Gauss which is 1 Tesla (google says Oersted is magnetic field unit rather than magnetic induction) Can I bring the hard disk close to NMR magnets but not directly between the magnets to get lower magnetic induction? Is there a magnetic induction "strength... show more Thanks for the answers! I guess it is 10000 Gauss which is 1 Tesla (google says Oersted is magnetic field unit rather than magnetic induction) Can I bring the hard disk close to NMR magnets but not directly between the magnets to get lower magnetic induction? Is there a magnetic induction "strength gradient" as we go away from the magnets?