Who is your favorite actor and why? What was your favorite role they played?

My two are Johnny Depp and Cate Blanchet. I love how you watch something they are in and they are able to actually become the character. Very few actors are really able to do that. I forget that I'm watching them as actors. Big difference from great actors like Denzel, Tom Hanks and Robert Deniro. Don't get... show more My two are Johnny Depp and Cate Blanchet. I love how you watch something they are in and they are able to actually become the character. Very few actors are really able to do that. I forget that I'm watching them as actors. Big difference from great actors like Denzel, Tom Hanks and Robert Deniro. Don't get me wrong they are brilliant actors but I'm always aware I'm watching them act.
My favorite Johnny Depp role was from What's Eating Gilbert Grape & of course Capt. Jack Sparrow.
Cate Blanchet was amazing in the Aviator.