How do I reset the Theft System on a 1998 Cadillac Deville?

is it possible that inserting the wrong key into the door of the 1998 Cadillac Deville cause the car to shut down? The Theft System ligtht came on and said that the car may or may not start. It started and stopped a few times and suddenly it stopped altogether. Several suggestions has been made to reset the computer, but nothing has work. Do anyone have any suggestions that may help me. It is urgent to contact me as soon as possible. The car is a 1998 Cadillac Deville North Star

32V 8Cylinder. It also car a key with a computer chip in it. Thanking you in advance for your answer.

S

t

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No. The wrong key in the door did nothing. You can turn the key to the On position and follow the instructions on the dash. After 3 minutes it will say Wait 3 minutes, then Wait 2 minutes, then Wait 1 minute, then start car. This will Disable the Theft system so that you can drive to your dealer or mechanic. This may only work once, so don't shut it off. Good Luck TW

Source(s): ME
  • 6 years ago

1998 Cadillac theft warning lighgt comes on

• 1 decade ago

i had a older cadillac and when you put the key in the door to open unlock it you turn it all the way one way to put the alarm off. not sure if its the same

• Dan
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

most of the time the ign cyl wires break at the cyl and it

needs to be replaced. also make sure the chip isn't loose in the key

Source(s): gm master tech
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

theft system warning

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.