Heythere asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

Seventeen year old 5'5 male?

My dad's about 5'10 and my mom's 5'4. I'm probably the shortest man in my whole family since most of them are like 5'8 to 6'0. I only grew about one inch from october to now. Any chance I'll grow to be at least 5'7?

Favorite Answer

Maybe maybe not. I grew from 5' to 6'4" in my 15th and 16th year and nothing more than that.

There is nothing wrong with being under tall.

You get to find change on the ground before anyone else, you get more of a kinship to dog bcuz you work in their level. You could put a board on your head and work as an auxiliary

serving table. You could work at an amusement park with a sign pointing 2" above your head saying "You must be THIS tall to ride this ride" AND you could become a world expert on belts :)

There are worse things than being short.

Hard to say, you could grow then you may not... if you actually work out and do sports you can probably grow a little more, because your bone platelets won't fuse until your early twenties, and being physically active releases more growth hormone and just tells the body to renew and grow in general.

If you wanna try to maximize your growth, play sports and perhaps even stretching... but you have to be consistent and do it all the time otherwise it won't make a difference. And do it now your still 17, if you wait after your bone plates fuse no matter what you do, that will be your final height.

No, you stop growing around 18,till 20, maybe you´ll reach it, but I am not sure, maybe 5´6

nicely it is not in simple terms men presently... it is women too... (To the guy who published 2 till now me...) i'd say anywere from 5 and up... Becuase men (and ladies) are curiouse. i comprehend myself that...Iam guilt of being curiouse so for you to purpose issues out with the intention to renowned what issues are like... So like I reported anywere from 5 and up i think of it truly is too many for a guy who's 17

hun 5'5 really isnt bad. im a girl n i rather not have i guy 6 foot lol

i kno this one kid hes 21 and is 5 foot now thats short

I wouldn't worry about it. While your seventeen you still have some time to grow and even if you don't it's not that big of a deal!

the main thing is, dont have a complex about it mate

people come in all shapes and sizes, look at franco columbu, hes alright with being short!

guys dont stop growing until they are 21. so u still have a few years. im sure u will grow.

Well,I'm 5 foot four and i'm 11, so, u will grow.

anyone else think that moldol is mentally challenged? how does that logic work at all??