M asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Why is this happening to me?

I hang around a logical friend of mine, someone that hates art or thinks it's useless and I am creative but now I'm starting to feel like art is useless and only flakes do it. Why am I feeling this way? I used to love art. How do I get over it?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Jin K
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

how is art useless? He doesn't seem too logical. All forms of art are amazing.

• 1 decade ago

Hmm. You hang around someone who hates what you do. How does that serve you?

Maybe the change should be to hang out with people that are like the real you, the artist and creative person that feels good about her creativity and loves art. Art is beautiful, inspiring, challenging, a talent and above all a part of you.

Don't let logic, and friends make you someone you are not! Be creative and find a new group to hang with. You are worth it!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Art isn't useless. It is a reflection and a reminder of things in this world that are wonder sum & beautiful. It's an outlet for humanity & allows inner emotions and thoughts to be conveyed on canvus. Take what you're feeling now and translate it into some artwork. Your friend maynot ever understand art. There are people out there that'll never know or understand art. Don't let your friend get to you. Instead feel sorry for him/her because they maynot ever know the beauty & importance of art.

• 1 decade ago

your friend has influence over you and you look up to them some people can very convincing especially when they have a general understanding and reasoning to back it up

you need to choose your own path and introduce your friend to different types of art they have there opinion and if they choose to be suborn dont push them change the topic

i have seen things that i have had to step back and wonder why someone would waste the time you just to give credit to the process to get to the goal and realize that people progress in stages

playing with images and such to spike a interest in the mind that cascades into a love of the work is something that is hit and miss with the audience members(some will love it some will hate it some will not have a opinion)

you need to work on your art and not pressure your friend to lie to you to spare your feelings

goodluck

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Logic is more useless than art. Art serve the purpose of beauty, in contrast logic is largely bullshit executives use to make money.

• 1 decade ago

lol i used to be an art disser. now i dont care much for art, but i dont diss it. i recognize its beauty, at least in theory. music is art and i LOVE music. film is art. art is very important in life. so my idea is that I hope your art dissing friend doesnt make you sour on life's creative media, and that he comes around like I did

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

causeyour believing what he says. You need to learn more about art before you can make the right choice

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

listen , man . U have to own your Independence personality . Of course , others have effect on all of us , but u should put an end to that . U should let your personality grow and grow and tell him your point of view . What about having a discussion with him ?

• 1 decade ago

i think its not ur friends fault, i think its bcuz ur tired of arts now and wants to try something new. example me i used to love basket ball i used to play basketball every day and watch every game, but now i dont really like basketball now im into baseball and i watch every baseball game evry day. GO WHITE SOX!!!

• 1 decade ago

I think you are taking his opinions as your own or denying a part of yourself because this 'friend' will criticize or judge you.

Be who you are and do what you love, regardless of what anyone else thinks or says. If he is disrespectful of you and your feelings, then he's not as good of a friend as you thought.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.