What do you think of today's music?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

SOME of today's music is good.

like the newer rockbands and some of the old rockbands who have come out with some new songs.

but when it comes to the new pop singers/bands, then yeah, thats when im gonna say todays music sucks.

the 80's is so the way to go now cuz it was the best year for music.

too bad it never stayed that way =[

• 1 decade ago

not as good as music from other centuries(60s and 80s)

well mostly all the music i listen to is 'old' which might be a bit weird since i'm young

we've still got a few bands and singers today that are great though

music is awesome anyway

• 1 decade ago

Some of it's fairly good. I can't stand some of the songs that have a male singer and its sounds like their crying while singing. Kind of like Train or maroon five. Hey there Delilah is the worst. I think the classics did a lot better

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Most of it seems the same to me. Songs popular among the youth are usually about sex, sexy/trashy women, breakups, or wealthiness. The lyrics, chords, and beat are all nauseatingly similar. Personally, I hate most of today's music with the exception of some new rock music that's out there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

it's alright could be better, nothin like the old stuff though haha It seems like a lot of people are considered talented because of how they look.. maybe standards are lowered who knows?

bands/singers today aren't as good as bands/singers of yesterday.. not original or as talented..

I can't stand most mainstream stuff but some truly talented artists are really keeping the spirit of music alive which i am extremely thankful for.

Source(s): 15 yr old teen obsessed with music!! :)
  • 1 decade ago

A lot lacks originality. Tons lack sensitivity, others hold it too high.

Though I must admit it's a lot better than older music (lyrically and musically), for the most part.

• 1 decade ago

Umm..

its alright..

Im listening to the stuff on the radio

but more and more classic rock and british rock{ the brits have pure talent}, and stuff like that.

im liking the older stuff better because i guess there was more talent..

alot now the people cant really sing.

but i will give it up to just music.. pretty good.

some great guitarists and drummers out there.

• Stupid. All most musicians write about is:

1. Sex

2. Clubbing

3. Girls Kissing Girls

4. Strippers

5. Chicks

6. How rich they are.

When will they write about something important?

• 1 decade ago

ITS garbage! there are some underground stuff i like tho. Pretty much the only good popular bands now, are death cab for cutie and the red hot chili peppers.

• honey
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

not that good..the harmony,melody and lyrics are senseless. the reason why there are a lot of remakes!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.