Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

how to loose weight?

im average, but I really want to loose weight, and im 13. and im 5"4-5"5 and im around 132, but I really want to loose weight, ik I shouldn't worry about this but it does matter to me. so ive been biking with my friend about 7 miles a day, and im going to keep doing that, anymore suggestions? besides eating healthy? thanks

• daisy
    Favorite Answer

DO NOT starve yourself by going on a crash diet. It doesn't work, believe me! Sure, you lose weight, but not the weight you want. Your body eats at muscle mass and bone first. Your heart is a muscle, so by doing this, you can cause extreme damage. You also lose hair and your ability to have kids in the future. Then once you do actually eat something, it turns directly to FAT because your body is trying desperately to store excess calories & food for energy because it thinks that its starving - And you end up gaining everything you lost, and then some!

Try eating more fruits and veggies in place of other fatty meals, like junk food, cookies, or high calorie meals. Like most people (I'm guilty sometimes!), you've probably brainwashed yourself into thinking that fast food tastes better than healthy food, but that's not entirely true! Try eating MorningStar Garden Burgers, grapes, clemintines, apples chunks in vanilla yogurt (good for sweet cravings!), blueberries, hummus (it sounds gross but it's really not, you can make low-calorie wraps with whole-grain wraps), granola, low-fat yogurt, low-fat string cheese, light brand whole wheat bread, 100 - calorie popcorn / kettle corn bags, steamed broccoli with a buttery garlic sauce, microwavable veggies etc. I also snack on South Beach Diet oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, sugar-free puddings, sugar-free popsicles for chocolate cravings. Check out www.hungry-girl.com for awesome recipes!

And eat SLOWLY. Take one bite at a time, chew completely, then take another bite. If you eat slower, you'll become fuller quicker, and you won't overeat. Drink a glass of water before each meal - You'll feel fuller faster and won't overindulge. Try to spread your meals out so that you're eating 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day - It keeps your metabolism up to speed. Try bringing a sandwich or a bag or fruits with you to eat at work or in your locker between classes.

Incorporate more exercise into your daily life. Take the dog for a 20 minute walk, do jumping jacks while watching TV, do laps around the block, or the house for that matter. Don't let yourself sit down for too long. If you can, get a gym membership. I use an elliptical for 30 minutes 5-6 times a week and it works great for me.

And don't eat out of boredom! It's a nasty habit to break, TRUST ME. Whenever you feel like eating, watch a movie with no commercial breaks so you don't have time to get up, call a friend, read a book or magazine, or get out of the house, away from the food.

And don't "DIET". Because the moment you go off your "diet", you'll regain the all the weight you lost quickly, believe me. Instead, make "healthy living choices."

I recently lost weight, about 20 lbs, and what really helped for me was planning my meals. I planned when and what I was going to eat, and made sure the calorie count was 1400. For your height and weight, I'd recommend around 1500 calories a day. But never go under 1200! Whatever you do, don't let yourself stray from your plan. Write it all down or type it out and leave it up on your computer so you don't forget, that's what I do.

You'll never get to your "ideal" body by eating crap food and sitting around, no matter how much you want it to happen. It takes dedication to get the body you want! Make it like a game. How much weight can I lose? Prove it to yourself you DO have the willpower to get what you want.

But allow yourself a cheat day every now and then. Life is too short! If you restrict your body of all the "good foods", you will one day EXPLODE and eat everything in sight. Trust me!

One more thing: Once you do become thinner, DON'T think you can eat whatever you want now! You'll regain all the weight back, which is absolutely mortifying, especially after all the hard work to lose it.

Good luck! Hope that helps (:

OH, and sitting up straight burns more calories than slouching. Try it!

Any more questions, email me (:

Well, I get that question a lot from many people I help.

I'll eventually tell you how to lose more weight in a healthy way and maintain it for many years.

In the mean time, here is how to lose weight quickly.

First, eat a small portion 6 times a day, every three hours.

Second, drink lots of water- 8 glasses a day.

Third, cut down on soda and switch to diet soda or even water.

Fourth, do NOT skip breakfast.

Fifth, eat lean meat such as chicken and turkey.

Sixth, do not eat within two hours before going to bed.

Seventh, carry healthy snacks such as fruits and baby carrots.

Eighth, start running 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week.

Last, sleep at least 8 hours day. Lack of sleep makes you eat more.

If you have any more questions,

ASK me on MY Blog, http://bodfitness.blogspot.com/

I'll answer as much as possible.

Good luck.

Source(s): Lots of Research & Personal Experience that enabled me to have 2% body fat with a six-pack. http://bodfitness.blogspot.com/
  • Twila

go 20 mph on your bike for 6 1 2 minutes

eat a rainbow of colors have at least one brightly colored fruit or vegetable in each meal and if appropriate eat the skins thats where youll find a powerhouse of antioxidants

out at the bar order a water between every drink

Exercise in the morning to speed up weight loss

45 minute jog at a 10 minute mile pace

• Shane

let a great dane walk you for 13 minutes 5 mph

Practice deep brearhing exercises to reduce the stress hormone cortisol

Eat five servings of fruits and veggies a day