my husband is 52 years old and he can only have sex once a week is this normal?

Favorite Answer

My husband's in his early 50's, too. We used to have sex almost every single day when we started going out, but now, it's also only once or twice a week. We've been together almost seven -wonderful- years. He tells me he's tired from working, playing golf, or just that he doesn't have the same energy as before. I still feel rejected and undesirable sometimes, but try to not let it affect me too much. There are many reasons why your husband's libido might be decreasing now: depression, repressed anger or resentment toward you, anxiety, health problems or as a side effect of some medications. Have you talked to him about this?

I am 51 for another 2 months and we have sex every day at least once, sometimes 3-4 times. I do not think I will reduce to once a week in the next 2 months or 2 years.

However he IS old enough that if he is having this problem (and it isn't just his preference) then he should be checked by a doctor. High blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease can cause sexual side affects. He should be checked if for no other reason than to rule out serious conditions.

Maybe he doesnt want more sex. I could have sex 3 times a day if I wanted too, but am just fine with once or twice a week. It should be fun time and not like going to the toilet.

man at 52 I have already told my wife lam not having sex with her and I don't need a young woman or a fling. hell at that age you need to stop.go fishing, paint the house hell hes 52 and shes 52 thats over 104 yrs in the bed .

HE NEED S TO SEE A DR MY HUSBAND IS ALSO 52 AND HAS 3 STENTS IN HIS HEART FROM 2 HEART ATACKS AND HE STILL GOING STRONG 4 OR 5 TIMES A WEEK AND HE WORKS LONG HRS 12 HRS TO 16 HRS A DAY 4 DAY A WEEK

My bf is 53 and could do it twice a day. I don't think every man is like that - but it seems you situation warrants some medical investigation to rule out physical causes.

Stress can have a lot of impact on sex life. So can suppressed resentment.

Source(s): Experience - formerly married to man with low sex drive

Perhaps he, like many other men at his age, doesn't place a high emphasis on the physical part of a relationship. I hope he loves to hold and kiss you and tell you how much he loves you. Perhaps you are putting him under pressure to perform. That can be a definite turn off for some men.

It's normal for him....May not be normal for another 52 year old. What is normalcy anyway, if not personal.

• My marriage life, sex life is not perfect at all, but we still manage hot sex almost every night. Still going strong.

there are medications to raise his labito. but the dr needs to make sure he is healthy first . my hubby is 43 and believe me there is nothing wrong with his. practice makes perfect. kick a little spark every now and again and see where that gets ya!