USB Internet?

I have a new apartment but can't aford cable, lan line phone. But would love internet. Can I use a wireless USB connection?

Favorite Answer

even if you can't afford cable, you'll still need a wireless router and a wireless network card or usb adapter. If you get yourself a wireless set, I recommend you go for wireless N cause it signal receiving is extremely good.

You will have to have a wireless router. And have a wireless USB connector for your other computer. I currently use a wireless USB connector and it works great. Works at about 108 mbps. Really fast connection. But if you do use the wireless USB connection make sure you install the drivers first before actually putting the USB in your computer. Your comp. will freak out.

Source(s): Past experiences with same situation.

Now days there are many componys that have usb connection for internet avaliable. Such as verizon, t-moble and cingular which work great.

As for your lan line situation, check into t-moble for home. They have a new program currently which is a $10 per month, which is reletively cheap for phone.

• Kryten

Only if you have a sympathetic (or careless) neighbour with a WiFi router whose connection you can share.

you can and you will likely find a signal to tap, be aware that riding " piggy-back" on your neighbors signal is not a reliable way to go.

pg