What are your thoughts on the word "emo"?

Favorite Answer

Emo is just a stereotype, and I don't usually prefer to use it. Instead of using emo, I usually say depressed or dark.

;_;

< 1 of 445 >

2. emo love it 23250 up, 9436 down hate it

An entire subculture of people (usually angsty teens) with a fake personality. The concept of Emo is actually a vicious cycle that never ends, to the utter failing of humanity, and it goes something like this:

1. Girls say they like "sensitive guys" (lie)

2. Guy finds out, so he listens to ***** emo music and dresses like a dork so chicks will see that he is sensitive and not afraid to express himself (lie). He dyes his hair black, wraps himself in a stupid looking scarf, develops an eating disorder, and rants about how "nobody understands".

3. Now an emo guy, he meets Emo chick and they start dating, talking about how their well-off suburban lifestyles are terrible and depressing (lie)

4. Emo guy is just too much of a p***y. His p***s is too small, he's too depressed to bathe, and has more mood swings than emo chick, and he doesn't even have a menstrual cycle. Emo chick dumps him, saying "It's not you, it's me." (lie) as she drives off with Wayne, the school jock and captain of the football team.

5. Emo guy goes home and cries, proceeds to write a weak song and strum a single string on his acoustic guitar. Another emo chick sees how he is so in touch with his feelings, and the cycle continues.

This is the sad truth of the emo lifestyle/music, and now that I look at how pathetic it really is, maybe the emos DO have something to cry about!

dont like it much(emotionally hard rock music)

I don't think it's really derogatory (sp?) - At the high school where I teach, the kids use that word to refer to a person who acts emotionally disturbed (emo) ONLY to get attention - not someone who really IS emotionally disturbed. The ones who cut themselves and then wear sleeveless shirts and brag about it, or ones who have been sent off for rehab and come back and brag about it.

Emotional People.

NOT My Chemical Romance.

(MCR is not EMO).

My friends.

: P

• Honestly, when I first heard it, I thought they meant the bird thing, an emu. I always remember that when I hear it.

posers

uhh...i don't know how to answer this question..?? :I

u mean emu... jk

.

..

...

....

.....

......

.......

........

.......

......

.....

...

..

.

i think its a mean word... i dont know what to say...