Merchandise in Hot Topic???

I was wondering what everyone else thought of Hot Topic. I mean they've changed over the years, the store's main focus was "Everything About The Music."

They sold all kinds of metal, industrial, alternative, punk, and rockabilly tees. Horror movie, gothic, punk merch...

1. What products do you want to see in HT?

2. What products do you NOT want to see in HT?

Favorite Answer

I like a lot of the stuff in HT. Mainly the band shirts. They have some awesome bands, then some really bad bands too. But they are a business, and they need to make money too.

Haven't been there in a while. I used to shop there a whole lot back in 2004-2005. Now, I think it's more of a store for the people who party like a rockstar. If you know what I mean. I used to go there for my band-t's, but now I just get my band merch online.

1. Hot Topic pretty much covers every aspect of the goth/emo stereotype.

2. I don't really shop there...so, I have no clue.

• Roo

The only things I've ever bought there for myself were band t-shirts and a pair of black pants... I like the store, but it's kind of weird... One side of the store has Hello Kitty and Barbie crap... and the other has all this heavy metal stuff :P

I wish they had merchandise from my favorite band... :[

I wish they didn't have stuff that's all cutesy and pink... I've met someone who had this shirt with bright pink and cartoon characters blah blah... She thought she was all punk because she got it at Hot Topic...

• alissa

I have no problem with anything in HT except for all the "scene" stuff. I get a lot of band shirts there.

I don't care what silly scene stuff is there - I got a sweet Motorhead shirt there and I get other band shirts there. I'd like to see more death metal but I'll take what I can get.

• ive never actually been in Hot Topic cuz every time im with any of my friends they say its too dark to go in and they're scared its actually kinda funny, but that makes me wanna go in more, i mean its just a store with stuff in it right?

• Ale :)

I don't like Hot Topic.

I go there for the band tees, though.

They sell crap there too, FOB, MCR!?

1.)I want to see more music related products.

2.)No more "scene" stuff like Barbie and Hello Kitty and the "emo" stuff.

Hot Topic is "all about the music", I want to see more music.

I like the band shirts and stuff.

Yes they have some good shirts. They're cashing in on "goth" and "emo" things.

Run Rabbitt Run pretty much summed it up for me as well at least.