Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What should i add to peanut butter?

I LOVE peanut butter but its sooo high in cals and fat. Im trying to only eat about 1200 calories per day and 1 tbsp of peanut buter is about 100 cals...so u dont get much for the number of calories. What would be a low calorie thing to add to it to make it seem like theres more? i dont like the whole apple peanut butter idea...and dont wanna spread it on bread thats so boring.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Make some "ants on a log". Spread in on celery and top with some raisins or dried cranberries.

Spread on saltines or other low fat/low calorie crackers. Add a drop or two of honey or a teaspoon preserves or jelly.

Spread on a graham cracker. It's really good!

Spread it on toast or frozen waffles.

• 1 decade ago

Mix it with low fat peanut butter or the peanut butter that is just made with peanuts, but I think you would have to refrigerate it then. Spread it on toasted English Muffins(whole wheat or cheese) or rice cakes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Carrots? Celery? Bananas? Put some on celery and then add raisins to it. It doesn't take much per a celery stick and gives you more to eat so it lasts longer.

Good luck!

xoxo

• 1 decade ago

If your going to diet, you should diet and forget peanut butter for awhile. But...maybe use a small amount and use it as a dip for apples, celery, etc.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Low fat Ritz crackers, veges

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i put some on a vanilla wafer, then add on top of that a slice of banana.good luck

• 1 decade ago

Air-popped popcorn?

Although, I'm the only person I know who actually likes it.

• 1 decade ago

put it on rice cakes

• 1 decade ago

crumble up pretzels in it....sounds bad but it is really, really good

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.