i really want them to know?

i would like to tell my parents about my boyfriend. who ive been with for 4 months. im 16 btw and the thing is. i come from a very strict family where they dont want me dating until im graduating college or something. let alone hes a different race so they will make it an even bigger deal. and they caught us once b4 when we started going out. but they only saw us hugging. i dont know what to do. i want them to know. but i want them to be okay with it. which i doubt will happen. they are very stubborn. talking to them wont help anything..

Favorite Answer

They want what's best for you in the history they have experienced. You want what makes you happy. Choose the one you want but don't put them down for their concern. In ten years you won't have any idea where this bf is much less him being important to your life. But those old dumb folks, will still be there for you.