If I make a melody and want to find a music band to make a song out of it, how do I find he right people?

So, I've made a melody, I have lyrics to accompany the melody, I can sing it. I need to find some band which add can add chords and instruments. Who should I contact? Find the right people so I can get this project of making a song off the ground?

Favorite Answer

It seems to me like you are interested in being your own solo artist, because otherwise you should just get together a band from your friends or people you know from school/work. It's not hard to buy a cheap acoustic guitar and strum chords along with your melody. If you are wanting to be a solo artist with emphasis on vocals with backing instruments, I would assume you should consult a local record label, and audition to be sponsored by them, and then they would probably take care of the backing tracks.

well if ur friends play something u could invite them and record at their house or yours. if they dont u can go on myspace or craigslist to find people in ur area that play. good luck man

craigslist.com