Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

On hell....Christian Bible...What do you think it will be like??

How do you think hell will be? I mean do you think that you will be destroyed by fire and that is the end, do you think that we will have to live there forever, do you think that it is just another eternity on this planet?

Personally, I believe that the Devil takes our souls, and we are not givin the chance to go to Heaven, and live with the Father, that we will be thrown into the Lake of Fire, and never live again.

Favorite Answer

Daniel said that it is a place of everlasting shame and contempt.

Isaiah said that the fire is never quenched, and the worm never dies. When you read the entire chapter, you see that when he says "worm", he's actually referring to the people there.

Jesus amplified on what Isaiah said. Jesus said it is "a place of outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth, where the fire is never quenched, and the worm (i.e. the people there) never die."

well this is what the bible said happens.

Eccl. 9:5--For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.

Ezek. 18:4: “The soul* that is sinning—it itself will die.”

Rev. 20:13, 14, KJ: “The sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell* delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.” (So the dead will be delivered from hell. Notice also that hell is not the same as the lake of fire but will be cast into the lake of fire.

I think the Lake of Fire (Hell) will be an eternal judgment, because people have given up their immortal souls to reject God, so the punishment is eternal.

You will live alright, but in a burning hell. The Bible says we will beg for death but it won't ever come. Hell won't be here on earth. Eternity in heaven is where I want to be, not eternity in hell.

I think that hell will be eternal suffering...it will not be a party, it will be hell! Fire that will blister and burn you, demons there to destroy any hope of anything good, you will be immune to nothing...the fire will burn you, the demons will harm you...that is what they live for...and in hell, they will be able to do it FOREVER!!!

Hell is total absence of God, abandoned. The fire I would imagine could be your remorse at being so 'thick and stupid' and knowing it is all over. Your spirit lives on eternally in emptiness, loneliness and remorse.

the eternal state of the wick ed will be torment.the bible says many things. such as: furnace of fire,wailing,gnashing of teeth,everlasting fire,everlasting punishment, unquenchable fire,there will be no rest day/night, torment day/night,lake of fire and brimstone.we will live eternally somewhere, no matter what.

I think of it this way. In eternity, anything less than perfection would be unbearable. The key word is eternity.

For me it will be an eternity stuck in a room with two other people that I can't stand, like that Sartre novel, what was it called?

Jesus himself desribed hell as a place of eternal torture saying there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.