What is racial profiling and does it occur today?

The term racial profiling has been a hot topic of discussion. What is racial profiling and does it occur today?

Favorite Answer

Racial profiling is a term used by racist minorites for whenever a police officer, judge etc does anything against a member of a particular minority.

Thus when I arrest a black male for any crime, it is not because I have investigated the crime and found that this particular individual was responsible it was because I "racially profiled" him.

Source(s): Me; Cop
  • JR

Up until recently (in the time line of human evolution), people have been with their own race for probably tens of thousands of years. With our different cultures mixing now, "racial profiling" has been with all people for a while now. I think, if we are quite honest with one another, all of us have an initial impression of someone based on their race. I think it will take thousands of more years before we all either look the same, or accept each other 100%. When it comes to police, the racial profiling part comes when say you find yourself searching more black or Hispanic suspects thinking you will find weapons or drugs, and not so much white suspects. This, needless to say, is not a very good way of being a police officer and their stats prove it. Today, officers are taught to "criminal profile" as it does not involve race, only what your can articulate to another person as grounds to give you reasonable suspicion.

An example of racial profiling is when you see a goober white guy from the deep South wearing a sleeveless T-shirt, sporting tattoos of the rebel "stars and bars" flag, and driving a NASCAR-type car. What's your thoughts about his views on Blacks or mixed marriages between Whites and Blacks? That's racial profiling on your part.

racial profiling is when somebody automatically thinks something about you because of your race, or color. and even though most places all over the world have laws, and everywhere in the us. it unfortunately does happen

I am black and from the south and I wld honestly not judge that man until I heard words coming from his mouth. Stop ******* looking at the core and find out the type of personality a person has

It's where the cops single you out based on your race.

It does occur today..